Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamielaura Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 04:27 AM
    2005 Ford Explorer not taking gas
    I have a 2005 Ford Explorer that when I stop at a gas station (any station)and try to pump gas into the tank it does not want to take the gas,I have to pump it really slow or the gas will shoot back up at me all over the place.Does anyone have any idea why this is doing this?

Thanks in advance ! :)
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 6, 2009, 03:20 PM

Sounds like the vent is blocked. May be next to the filler tube.
    Or the gauge is bad and tank is full.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2005 Ford Explorer Turn Signal Problems [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2005 Ford Exploer. The turn signals in both directions work when the vehicle is first turned on. After a while, neither direction will work. The lights will come on but not flash. I have tried the emergency flashers and they work. I just replaced a rear bulb and the others work fine. I...

2005 ford Powerstroke 6.0 issue [ 7 Answers ]

Thank you for you time.. I have recently purchased a used 2005 Ford 6.0 diesel turbo. Was running fine then all of a sudden the truck became sluggish and registered no turbo pressure or pressure sometimes. A well respected local mechanic told me that he believed it was due to a bad sensor. I...

Ford 2005 6.0 diesel [ 8 Answers ]

I have had a rough idle problem with the 6.0 diesel, I take it to Ford and they repair it but never tell what they did. It has happened again for the third time, any ideas what could be happening?? Thanks

2005 ford diesel 6.0 no start [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know the exact location of the high pressure oil pump on a 2005 6.0 ford diesel?

View more questions Search