Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jinky_sancheja Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 03:13 AM
    What should I do to make my daughter walk and talk?
    My daughter was born on Dec. 22, 2007. She's 1 yr 4 months now. She still can't talk, she only mumbles. I mean she wants to talk but the words coming out of her mouth cannot be understood. When she walks, she always fall and she always want something to held on to. What should I do to make her walk and talk. Help
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 6, 2009, 04:27 AM

Hi, jinky, I read your other post regarding meds you were prescribed by your doctor and pediatrician for a condition and your breastfeeding concerns.

I don't think your daughter is far behind what she should be doing at the age you mention. Not all children achieve walking and talking at an early age. They all grow and improve at their own pace. I will say though that your urging and help will only improve her progress. I am including a website which will indicate this. I hope it helps.

www.growingkids.co.uk/WalkingAndTalking
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 6, 2009, 05:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jinky_sancheja View Post
    What should I do to make her walk and talk.
    What should you do? Wait. Plain and simple WAIT. Children do these things of their own accord at their own pace.

Expecting her to talk by now is expecting WAY too much. She is so young to be expecting so much. Many children do not talk clearly until 5 years of age. Many don't talk at all until 2 or 3 years of age. Their brains are sponges, they are soaking up everything you are saying and doing. I promise you that one of these days you would wish she never learned to talk 'cause she won't be quiet. :p I speak from experience.

As for walking... she's still a little young, but have you had her hearing checked? Sometimes a hearing problem can cause a problem with balance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Three year old doesn't talk or walk [ 5 Answers ]

[Hi, I have a 3yr old son who doesn't talk and has only started walking with the aide of a grandpa frame. He has had all different test done but will still don't have any answers. He's a very lovable boy and understands every thing you say to him, can any one help me. Regards Nicole

When will my daughter walk? [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter is 1 yr 4 months. She was born last Dec. 22, 2007. She still can't walk without support. She always need someone to hold on to. Well, she can step only a few steps but most of the time she is always tired to learn how to walk. She oftentimes makes tantrums when I attempt to practice her...

How to make a 3 year old dog walk with a leash [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old Golden Retriever that was raised with another dog outside in a pen. He is now living inside my home and doing real well. One of our biggest problems is getting him to walk with me on a leash. He walks me and I'm afraid he will pull me down. Help :)

Talk and walk [ 1 Answers ]

How do I teach a child to talk and walk

All talk but no walk [ 1 Answers ]

When I talk to my finance I say s things like ill get better or ill do it or sorry but I say things but don't have the actions to prove it, I mean what I say but I don't do what I say and I don't know how to express myself and I don't know how to make the words come out right I don't think before a...

View more questions Search