Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nasima Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 10:21 PM
    Get my boyfriend back
    Hello
    My name is Anna I had a boyfriend for 2 years, we had a plan to get engage but never happened and lately ha asked for a breakup texting me.He doesn't t think about marriage anymore and he doesn't t want waist my time neither his. I did accept his decision but I do not want to talk to him anymore he wanted me as a friend but that s not what I wanted.
    I just wanted him back, we still talk when its necessary
    chrisj1234 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 10:32 PM
    nasima, if you could please give us some more details? What's your/his age? Any background info about your relationship would also help, what was it you discussed about, etc
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 05:14 AM
    Go no contact, the wound will remain fresh for however long you continue to talk to him. Read the stickies at the top and take the time to let the emotional dust settle
    joshdom Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 05:22 AM

Hey, just give him and yourself time. Don't talk to him until you can talk to him as a friend. If he wants to be friends but you don't there is nothing much you can do. Just let yourself know you won't be together again. If you then become friends and anything happens you can be happy. I know it is hard because I just split up with my gfd after 4 years, but there really isn't much else you can do.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 6, 2009, 07:04 AM

Stop holding on to him, let him go, and heal.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 6, 2009, 08:47 AM

Exactly taliniman.

I wouldn't want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with me.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 10:08 AM

If you don't want to be friends with him then don't. There is no rule stating you must be friends with an ex.

He decided he didn't want to be you but he can't decide for you to remain friends with him. That isn't his choice.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 6, 2009, 10:20 AM

It takes two people to make a relationship work. If he doesn't feel the same way anymore, then you have to accept his decision.

Since you don't want to be "only" friends, then it's time to block him out of your life so that you can move on. Otherwise, you will keep feeling the pain when you talk to him.
    SAB123 Posts: 685, Reputation: 94

May 6, 2009, 01:53 PM

I would move on, and cut all communication off with him. And it's good you don't want to be friends with him. Being friends with an ex will only delay your healing process and keep you confused and living on false hope the two of you will get back together. Trust me this don't work. Plus why would you want to get back together with a person who doesn't want to be with you anyway?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get back with my ex even though she has a boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

How to get back with my ex even though she has a boyfriend

Just got back with boyfriend of two years and he's back to doing the same thing that. [ 17 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I of two yeas just got back together on new years eve... we broke up for exactly two months... now its been just two weeks and he's back to doing the same thing that caused the breakup in the first place... he doesn't call/answer/and barely texts me... he uses the excuse that...

My boyfriend dumped me and I want him back how do I get him back? [ 6 Answers ]

:( My boyfriend dumped me because I was always arurging and he dumped me and I want him back but the only thing is is that he has a new girlfriend and I've told him I've changed but he does'tn kown how to break up with her. How do I get back together with him? :confused:

I want my ex boyfriend back. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've known my ex for about three months and we dated for about a month and a half. In the beginning, we had this connection, talked for hours on the phone about everything, we hung out a few times every week and we were both happy with each other... we had both agreed that we would keep...

How can I get my boyfriend back? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I broke up with my boyfriend about 5 months ago after a year and a half and really want to know how to get him back! I love him so much, and although I know I don't NEED him to be happy, I really want him back as my boyfriend. At the end of our relationship things were really bad - we were...

View more questions Search