Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shafiee Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 09:35 PM
    Customer retention
    I'm a student at the Maldives College of Higher Education, doing my degree in Information Technology. This course contains a lot of business related subjects that I find very hard to learn. One of the subjects is called Help desk and Service Provision. There are other business related subjects such as IT Management, Project Management, Management and Organisation, Business Mathematics, Information Management, and IT Management.

The problem with these subjects is that they are so full of theory. I'm very good with computer programming, and I managed to get higher distinctions in all the programming subjects so far. I'm also very good with databases. But when it comes to business subjects such as Help Desk and Service Provision, it is a major disappointment. That is why I searched the internet about it and found askmehelpdesk.com . Do you have suggestions about these business subjects?

I also need skills such as report writing skills, skills of making business cases, skills of doing surveys and presentation skills.

May 5, 2009, 09:37 PM

Oh and I forgot. I was searching about the topics of customer retention and customer segmentation. Any suggestions?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 5, 2009, 09:43 PM

I read through your post twice and still don't know what you want. Do you want more experience in or practical applications of those things? How could we out here in cyberspace help you?

May 5, 2009, 09:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I read through your post twice and still don't know what you want. Do you want more experience in or practical applications of those things? How could we out here in cyberspace help you?

I need more information about customer retention. It is one of the topics in Help Desk and Service Provision module.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 5, 2009, 10:04 PM

If you Google "customer retention" or "help desk customer retention" (without quote marks) or similar groups of key words, you will get all sorts of information.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2009, 10:54 PM

One of my best friends is a programmer. She gets such a thrill from her work. Then, when I have a question, she can explain code and how a program is designed. And how that design pertains to my usage.

I asked her why so many computer-savvy people aren't able to explain their work. She answered, that computers are linear, like math. Many people are not. To explain what you are good at, in language, requires non-linear ability.

I hear your troubles with all the theory being presented. Yeah, boring... Is there someone you can study with who is great at communication? A good teacher talks with you.

Help desk and customer keeping, another friend of mine works at Microsoft. They were paying an outside company an enormous amount of money to take all of the tech. questions. She took a close look at what their policy was.

She created one change:
    The outside company only got paid when a customer was able to solve a problem with the help. No longer could they demand X money because they had taken so many calls.

The result was a significantly lower bill and far more satisfied customers. The outside company was forced to be more efficient to continue making money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child retention [ 7 Answers ]

I need help. I have a 7yr old, in kindergarten he went to school in the district that we live in. After completing kindergarten I decided that I was going to sent him to a "schoo of choice" (school outside the area we live) On the first day of school at the new school, I advised his first grade...

Retention of urine [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is not passing urine. Bladder and kidney normal on ultra sound. On metacam and trimacare with no effect after 4 days. Had to have her catheterised last night. What else could b e causing her not to pass urine please. Don't think she has had bowels open for 2 days.

Lazy bladder and t.h.c. Retention [ 4 Answers ]

Hello again, I must know what I am talking about when I lay this one on my PO. Could metabolites stay in my bladder(which does not empty completely) for more than the usual time? I have had this issue ever since I had the anneurism in 1983. Resulting nerve damage, I guess.

View more questions Search