Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nickhit Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 07:34 PM
    I need a wiring diagram for a 1997 ford contour
    Please I'm hoping you can help, had to rebuild the wiring harness for a 1997 ford contour, all went well using standard wire crimps and heat shrinks not to mention a few pretty solders, now I plug everything in, and have issues with the cam shaft censor , and the idle speed sensor and help would be much appreciate car is a 1997 ford contour zetec engine with vin 3.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 07:50 AM

1) Why did you have to rebuild the wiring harness?
    2) What problems are you having exactly?
    nickhit Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2009, 12:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    1) Why did you have to rebuild the wiring harness?
    2) What problems are you having exactly?
    The entire wiring harness is shorting out due to the plastic insulation detiorating, it's a recall issue but ford refuses to resolve it for this gentlemen.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2009, 06:40 AM

The recall issue was probably not rectified, which is why the harness melted to begin with. Had it been taken it, Ford would have installed an insulator to prevent the damage from spreading to the harness.

Your best bet is to buy a new harness and install it. Trying to repair that many wires could turn into a safety issue.
    Ford_Fan_83 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2009, 03:11 PM
    Your best bet, as I am doing the Same THING due to the Same ISSUE, is to go to a junk yard. Redo all the wiring from the crankshaft positioning sensor up to camshaft PS through O2 sensor through to fuel rail. I say only this far for one reason, all the wiring on driver side of the block to the pump, compressors, etc will usually be well intact. Plus it is really easy to cut electric at the end of your block right after your air intake manifold. Nonetheless A junk yard will charge no more than $50.00 for this section of the harness in opposed to the dealership charging $1,200.00.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fuse Diagram 1999 Ford Contour [ 5 Answers ]

Can you tell me what fuse number is for tail lights on a 1999 ford contour sport

1997 contour fuse box [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find a 1997 ford contour fuse panel layout

1997 ford contour fuse panel guide [ 2 Answers ]

Hey there... anyone know where to find the radio/clock/mirror fuse on a '97 ford contour?

View more questions Search