Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RoseMortem Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

May 5, 2009, 07:17 PM
    Never been in a relationship lasting longer then a month.
    OK.. so I'm dating this guy, who is.. well with out sounding cheesy, we are a perfect match. In my other relationships I have this really nasty habit of getting clingy... but when I try not to be clingy I come off as cold. Ive not had a problem with either of those things in this relationship, and he put allot on the line asking me out in the first place (we have a nasty 3 year age gap witch makes him an adult and me a kid in legal eyes) but I'm still a little nervous, I'm not sure how to function in a relationship that's lasted longer then the previous... I guess the best thing is to go with the flow, but I need a little more direction then that, I'm an anxious person so in reality there is probably nothing to worry about.. but.. yeah

Xo Rose
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2009, 07:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseMortem View Post
    ok..so im dating this guy, who is ..well with out sounding cheesy, we are a perfect match. in my other relationships i have this really nasty habit of getting clingy...but when i try not to be clingy i come off as cold. Ive not had a problem with either of those things in this relationship, and he put allot on the line asking me out in the first place (we have a nasty 3 year age gap witch makes him an adult n me a kid in legal eyes) but im still a little nervous, im not sure how to function in a relationship thats lasted longer then the previous...i guess the best thing is to go with the flow, but i need a little more direction then that, im an anxious person so in reality there is probably nothing to worry about..but..yeah

xo Rose
    I think it's more than just a "nasty 3 year age gap"
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dating...im-349898.html

Slow down. You are 16 years old. There is no need to try to be so serious righ now. He is an adult and yes, you are a kid. So stop rushing to grow up.
    TheDudeGuy Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 07:39 PM

I agree with Niko.
    I dated someone who was 3 a bit years younger than I was, but we were 17 and 14, so the whole age thing wasn't a big deal. But, what I found wrong with such a large age gap is the interests of the younger person to be overly childish. As in, I would be into movies with deep meanings like "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" or "Requiem for a Dream" and they would still be on movies like "Pirate's of the Caribbean". I am not saying that those movies are bad, in any way, just that they would not be into watching those deep, emotional movies. Also, Since I live in Quebec and the drinking age is only 18 here, I found that I was being a bad influence on her, towards drinking, even though I don't do it much.
    So, yes, you need to grow up and experience life for what it is, not what someone, who is grown up, tells you. We live our lives to better ourselves when we are disappoint.
    Try dating someone who is closer to your age group, and get to know them a bit first. Like ask them what their parents do, or what are their future goals in life, stuff that could have connections to your own life. I am currently doing this and it is a much much appropriate approach to having a relationship with someone, rather than just saying "I like you" off the bat.

May 5, 2009, 07:57 PM
    I don't remember asking not to be taken seriously because of my age. I may be sixteen/seventeen and Im fully aware I come off as extremely juvenile in this forum but I came here for advice, I did not expect I would have to defend my credibility and maturity level! My own mother refers to me as twenty because of my maturity level and she is not one to comment on people lightly. I have lived aspects of my life far beyond my years. Im not even going to begin to go into that. So either help me or not but DO NOT patronise me
    geethapandian88 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

May 5, 2009, 08:11 PM

Hey rose maybe you want to try taking things slighty slow ova here because 1st of all your age gal. dun worry bt the gap it hardly take an effect in your case in fact it's good to have a gap if you would ask me. Ermmm well love is a very tricky game. It is very difficult to get the right person. But do remember before you get the good apple you would have to pass a few bad apples. Well just remember to take thingd slow. Even I fell in love when I was 16 it lasted me fro 2 yrs 7 months n 1 day and the scar also is with me till this day even though it's been more then 3 yrs since the break up nw. this is your age to have many friends and enjoy so dun waste is OK. Chresss.

May 5, 2009, 08:39 PM

geethapandian88, thanks for your adivce, it means a lot. Rock on :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Irregular period, lasting longer than usual [ 1 Answers ]

Last month (march) I wasn't on birth control. I had been on it for months, and just didn't get my prescription in time. And stupidly, had unprotected sex. I did get my period, it was 3 days late, only lasted for 3 days and was extremely light. Then I got my period again on the 15th. There was...

How can I assist him in lasting longer? [ 11 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for over 10 years. Our sex life is a major source of frustration for me and it has been since the very beginning. I'm not stupid, I knew he wouldn't change overnight but after 10+ years I'm starting to wonder. It's not all bad, he's always been good with his...

Lasting Longer [ 1 Answers ]

I am a virgin that is preparing for sex with a woman who has had sex with three different guys. She believes that I am not a virgin and am pretty good at sex. 1.) how do I appear used to sex? 2.) how do I last loooooooong?

Period lasting longer than usual [ 1 Answers ]

Well I'm only 19. I'll be 20 in a few months. Well I got my period on Friday and I usually go only 3-4 days on my period. It is now Wednesday and I am still on my period. It's still bleeding like I'm on the second day of my period. What could this be caused by and should I see a doctor? I am...

Perior lasting longer than usual [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Everyone... I'm 32 years of old and currently on birth control (Trivora) for over 3 years. I recently started my period; but, it started brownish, then red and light. This went on for a week. Then about a day or two stopped. My period came back; however, would only show up during the day...

View more questions Search