Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    summer7 Posts: 344, Reputation: 44

Mar 10, 2010, 12:02 AM

I completely forgot to share this with you guys. I was using a product every day on my hair that I love and I believe has helped my hair immensely. It's called Biosilk Silk Therapy by Farouk. It's a kind of serum. I use it on towel dried hair and pour a very small amount into my hands, rub together and distribute onto my ends. Whatever is left over, I run onto to rest of my hair but NOT the roots. You end up with a greasy look if you do.

The friend who recommended it to me always had hair that grew to her shoulders only and couldn't get it longer because of the split ends and dryness on the ends. She'd have lots of breakage. This product greatly reduces the occurrence of split ends so now her hair is almost to the middle of her chest.

For me, it tames the flyaway hairs stops split ends and gives softness and shine. I wasn't crazy about the price since I got it from a salon. Oh, and I personally do not care for their shampoo or conditioner. They made my hair look dirty.

BioSilk - BioSilk Shampoo - BioSilk Conditioner

I found a product that I like even better. It's called Nourishing Coconut Milk anti-breakage serum by Organix. It leaves your hair softer than Biosilk, tames flyaways and keeps the ends from getting dry and breaking. You can get it at drugstores and it's cheap! My drugstore offered it buy-one-get-one-free. I personally think it's far superior to Biosilk.

Organix ® - Beauty. Pure & Simple

So anyway, serum helped my friend grow her hair long, fast. She colors her hair too. For me, it keeps my hair looking great, long and super soft.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Mar 10, 2010, 01:23 PM

Ooh I heard of Biosilk before! My sister had it and I tried the conditioner. It makes your hair pretty soft. I didn't like the smell too much though.
    summer7 Posts: 344, Reputation: 44

Mar 10, 2010, 10:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by XOXOlove View Post
    ooh i heard of Biosilk before! my sister had it and i tried the conditioner. It makes your hair pretty soft. i didn't like the smell too much though.
    You might like the second one I mention. It smells like coconut. For me, this one works better on dry hair whereas Biosilk works better on damp hair.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Mar 11, 2010, 11:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by summer7 View Post
    You might like the second one I mention. It smells like coconut. For me, this one works better on dry hair whereas Biosilk works better on damp hair.
    I like the sound of the coconut one. I usually use leave-in conditioner on dry hair too.
    Morqann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2011, 10:25 AM
    Like; If you trim it aloott; it gets hella healthy; and if it gets healthy;then it helpps it grow; I mean my friend cut her hair and it was above her shoulders; and now (2 months Later) its right in the middle of her chest. I mean; its amazing : )
    jayneyjulie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2012, 12:42 PM
    Baby oil just a drop used a serum also helps mine grow faster too, as it protects and prevents split. Trimming hair does not stimulate growth, it just makes it shorter; hair grows from the head and it has no idea the ends have been cut as once it leaves the follicle it is dead! Our hair is not a plant or a shrub but a fibre which growth is genetically determined, you can not speed growth up but by protecting the growth, you will prevent damage and breakage by the way I have hip length hair!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grow your hair fast with pills. Any suggestions? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am very interested in growing my hair. I am a black woman and have worn extensions for quite sometime now. My hair is very dry, uneven and short. Lately, I have used oil and this has helped to strengthen my hair, however, I am afraid to cut the split ends because I want long...

Want hair to grow fast [ 3 Answers ]

When you put mayo in your hair does it make your hair grow faster? Or is there something else... I want long healthy hair... I got it cut and I hate it and I want it to grow fast:mad:

Thin, poker straight oily hair.I'd like to grow longer and thicken. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm almost 30, and for years I have had very thin hair all over... it's poker straight and it's oily, all in all not a pretty combination. I wash my hair daily with a shampoo and conditioner (because if I don't, even when I put NOTHING in my hair, it look like I'm a dirt ball and haven't washed...

How to grow back fast [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my hair fell out in one area and it makes me so depressed sometimes when I look at it a start to cry. I always had long hair and its so sad when things like this happen. Can someone please help me thanks:)

How can I get my hair to grow longer? [ 2 Answers ]

A little over a year ago I dyed my hair black. My hair was really long then but three or four months after that I went to the salon to get light brown highlights and they cut about an inch or two off because I had splits. They told me since it was summer that my hair would grow really fast and I...

View more questions Search