Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcms2015 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 05:03 PM
    How can I get my hair to grow longer fast?
    How can I get my hair to grow longer fast?
    Krazi Posts: 358, Reputation: 70

May 5, 2009, 05:09 PM

http://www.manentail.com/home2.asp
    Mane-N-Tale
    Frequently Asked Questions * Straight Arrow
    You can find it at walmart or your local feedstore.
    Yes, we use it...
    [my wife & daughter ]
    Q. Does Mane'n Tail Shampoo and/or Conditioner make hair grow or grow faster?

This is our number one asked question! We have had many people contact us with reports of hair growth and faster growing hair.
    Our answer is that when hair is naturally strong it does not break or create split ends, which hinders most people from achieving their goal of longer, stronger, healthier more fuller looking hair.

Mane'n Tail products were originally developed for horses. Horses' hair is three times thicker than people hair. People started using the products to achieve the beautiful results they saw with their own horses' manes and tails. This is where the legend of Mane'n Tail products comes from, by nourishing, conditioning and fortifying the hair and scalp to aid healthier hair growth. Mane'n Tail shampoo and conditioner maintains and helps to achieve longer, stronger, healthier more fuller looking hair. The results can be seen and felt after the first application.

Q. Are Mane'n Tail products safe for use on people?

Yes. Our legendary formulas have been around for over 30 years. Both horses and people have used them with proven results. Straight Arrow as a company manufactures and distributes its formulas, which contain only the finest approved ingredients. They are quite safe and very much preferred by people.

Q. Does Straight Arrow test on animals?

No! Straight Arrow does not test on animals. Our formulas consist of safe, natural ingredients that existing data and knowledge from within our industry supports.

Q. Is it safe to use Mane'n Tail shampoo and conditioner on permed, relaxed or color treated hair?

Yes. Mane'n Tail shampoo and conditioner is safe on permed, relaxed or color treated hair. Our shampoo cleanses hair thoroughly, yet will not strip natural oils. Our conditioner has an exclusive protein-based formula with amino acids to add natural oils to your hair. Also, (Check out our New Deep Moisturizing formulas exclusively developed for people with dry over-processed hair.)

Q. Can I use Mane'n Tail shampoo and conditioner on my dog or cat?

Yes, these products are safe to use on cats and dogs. In fact, many breeders tell us that they use our shampoo and conditioner exclusively on their show animals with wonderful results.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

May 5, 2009, 08:03 PM

That's interesting krazi. I've heard of products like that before too. I rub baby oil in my hair and it grows really fast. It was down to the middle of my back, but I cut it. It grew back again very quickly.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 6, 2009, 05:43 AM

Like Krazis post said there isn't anything that can physically make your hair grow faster. Best thing to do is to protect what you've got and keep it healthy to prevent breakage :)
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 05:54 AM

You're hair will grow faster if you get trims regularly and don't use a flat iron or hair dryer too much.
    Krazi Posts: 358, Reputation: 70

May 6, 2009, 07:39 AM

Pull it tight in a ponytail...

My hair.. when I had it was down to my @$$.
    Now I shave it bold.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 07:44 AM
    Just like cutting the lawn or trimming the shrubs, when you trim your hair it will experience a growth spurt right after.
    Uber Member

May 6, 2009, 09:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE View Post
    You're hair will grow faster if you get trims regularly and don't use a flat iron or hair dryer to much.
    That makes no sense...

Cutting essentially dead hair doesn't make it grow, it just removes any split ends and prevent hair breaking further.

Edit- because I agree with not using a flat iron or dryer...
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 11:31 AM

Your hair stays healthier when you trim it often.
    Uber Member

May 6, 2009, 12:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE View Post
    Your hair stays healthier when you trim it often.
    Now that makes more sense :)
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 12:16 PM

I almost forgot that hair grows from the roots, lol!
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 12:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jjwoodhull View Post
    Just like cutting the lawn or trimming the shrubs, when you trim your hair it will experience a growth spurt right after.
    I don't agree with the statements that hair will "grow faster" if trimmed. It may have the appearance of growing faster because of being all one length.

The flaw with this analogy is that hair is dead while grass and shrubs are alive.

Rate and length of hair growth is genetic. There are genes that determine how long hairs will grow- for example eyebrow and eyelash hairs grow to a certain point then fall out. So the hairs on top of your head have a predetermined length as well. Some people's hair is just destined to be medium, long, or short.

There are no magic potions and creams that make hair grow long.
    Uber Member

May 6, 2009, 12:35 PM

Had to spread the rep NM but yep. It's all genetics. My friends hair grows really slowly while I need a hair cut once a month.
    It all depends on the person.
    puppylove08 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 12:42 PM

Make sure you're taking a multivitamin daily, baby your hair using deep conditioner at least once a week and laying off the heat styling, get your hair trimmed when you start to notice split ends. Wearing it in a ponytail often can cause hair breakage. Hair grows at an average of 1/2 inch per month, some a little more and some less.
    krazycee07 Posts: 86, Reputation: 4
    -

May 9, 2009, 12:45 AM

Hair vitamins, its makes my hair grow twice as fast as it normally would!
    krazycee07 Posts: 86, Reputation: 4
    -

May 9, 2009, 12:48 AM

Get some hair vitamins with msm in it, msm lengthens the natural hair growth phase allowing greater lengths to be achieved. Biotin, another key ingredient, promotes cell growth, the production of fatty acids, metabolism of fats, and amino acids. These two ingredients in addition to the others (Folic Acid, Niacin, Silica, etc) are all essential for for maximizing hair growth.
    boopdiva Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 07:16 PM
    Please try using the Platinum Growth System. I have been using it
    rosanna-hope Posts: 109, Reputation: 9

Mar 1, 2010, 03:19 PM

You'll have to be patient with your naural hair, but if you desperately want long hair try clip in extensions?
    amber12490 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2010, 10:11 PM

From personal experience, mane and tail did not work for me at all lol... but it did make it softer..
    summer7 Posts: 344, Reputation: 44

Mar 2, 2010, 11:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by krazycee07 View Post
    get some hair vitamins with msm in it, msm lengthens the natural hair growth phase allowing greater lengths to be achieved. Biotin, another key ingredient, promotes cell growth, the production of fatty acids, metabolism of fats, and amino acids. These two ingredients in addition to the others (Folic Acid, Niacin, Silica, etc) are all essential for for maximizing hair growth.
    I completely agree... When I started taking vitamins regularly, my hair grew faster and looks a lot shinier and healthier (it's halfway down my back). Nutrition is very important for great looking hair and skin.

Also, when I'm home, I always keep my hair in two braids and only put the ties at the ends. I don't like pony tails because it pulls the hair and causes breakage. If my hair ties cause any damage to my hair, it's at the ends and I get those trimmed every two months. On the weekends, I smooth on some leave in conditioner then braid my hair for super conditioning.

I like this one... http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...categoryId=B70

And I like Garnier. It's much cheaper too. http://www.google.com/products?clien...ed=0CB4QzAMwAw

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grow your hair fast with pills. Any suggestions? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am very interested in growing my hair. I am a black woman and have worn extensions for quite sometime now. My hair is very dry, uneven and short. Lately, I have used oil and this has helped to strengthen my hair, however, I am afraid to cut the split ends because I want long...

Want hair to grow fast [ 3 Answers ]

When you put mayo in your hair does it make your hair grow faster? Or is there something else... I want long healthy hair... I got it cut and I hate it and I want it to grow fast:mad:

Thin, poker straight oily hair.I'd like to grow longer and thicken. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm almost 30, and for years I have had very thin hair all over... it's poker straight and it's oily, all in all not a pretty combination. I wash my hair daily with a shampoo and conditioner (because if I don't, even when I put NOTHING in my hair, it look like I'm a dirt ball and haven't washed...

How to grow back fast [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my hair fell out in one area and it makes me so depressed sometimes when I look at it a start to cry. I always had long hair and its so sad when things like this happen. Can someone please help me thanks:)

How can I get my hair to grow longer? [ 2 Answers ]

A little over a year ago I dyed my hair black. My hair was really long then but three or four months after that I went to the salon to get light brown highlights and they cut about an inch or two off because I had splits. They told me since it was summer that my hair would grow really fast and I...

View more questions Search