Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rufusnims Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 04:23 PM
    Distinction between DDS and DMD?
    Is there a distinction between the terms DDS and DMD in describing degrees earned by dentists? I have heard the only distinction is the historical tradition of the granting degree institution.
    David
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

May 5, 2009, 05:30 PM

Not totally sure... I got a DDS.. some of my friends have a DMD and I think it has something to do with the fact that they did 2 years of med school then 2 years of dents... I did 4 years of dental school
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2009, 05:31 PM

No, there isn't a difference. DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery) and DMD (Doctor of Dental Medicine) are the same degree. The education and degrees are identical. Certain schools award DMD although the majority awards DDS.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Distinction between "Guts " and "Balls" [ 4 Answers ]

We've all heard about people having guts or balls. But do you really know the difference between them? In an effort to keep you informed, the definition for each is listed below... GUTS - is arriving home late after a night out with the guys, being met by your wife with a broom, and having...

On-Screen Distinction 1 [ 7 Answers ]

What on screen distinction is shared by Jimmy Cagney, Donald O'Connor, Errol Flynn, Faye Dunaway and Martin Landau?

Big screen distinction [ 1 Answers ]

What big screen distinction do the following actors - best know for their television work share? William Shatner, Buddy Ebsen, Florence Henderson, June Lockhart, David Soul, Al Lewis and Jean Vander Pyl.

View more questions Search