Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adyisalone Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 03:50 PM
    Adoption at 16
    I'm 16 years old.I don't want to say that I hate my parents,but that's exactly what they make me do... hate them.I don't like being here with any of all my parents,can I ask to be adopted by someone else and somewhere else??
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 5, 2009, 04:08 PM

Probably not.

Your parents have to sign away their parental rights in order for you to be adopted by someone else---and frankly, almost no couple out there is looking to adopt a child of 16 who already hates at least one set of parents.

HOW do your parents make you hate them? I'd just like to point out that nearly every teenager hates their parents--what's different about YOUR situation?

We need more details, please.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 5, 2009, 04:18 PM

Well he can always ask, his parents say no and unless there is proff that his parents are unfit, nothing will happen.

May 6, 2009, 08:04 PM

They're always hitting me,putting me down constantly,they never listen to me... its like they think they can just do whatever they want with me
    Expert

May 6, 2009, 08:21 PM

Can you talk to a counselor at school, or your pastor/priest/rabbi about what's going on?

What about another relative?

May 7, 2009, 06:41 PM

My relitives hate me bacause they have issues with my dad... I don't go to church.school counsler?. what will they do?. ive been separated from my parents before because they were pretty abusive... I don't want to have to be taken like that
    Expert

May 7, 2009, 09:42 PM

If they're abusive, don't you think it's better that you ARE taken from them?

May 14, 2009, 05:55 PM

Well yes... but they're liky in this whole "im changing to be different" stage.is my being taken away again,really going to help?? I'm not being a butt here but I just want to make sure I'm not being lied to

Here's the full history
    I didn't live with them until I turned 4 and thenmy mom had an affair with some guy and my dad walked out on me.a few months later they decide to get back together and they had my sister.then I had to be taken from them because I went to school with a bad headache and it turns out it not right when your father hits you on the head,they called the police,my mom,and 911.they wanted to make sure I was okay on my brain I guess.I wasn't allowed to see my dad because apperently my mom "didnt know" anything about him hitting me (even though he hit her too) so she banned him from seeing me.I didn't see him for about 3 and half years.my mom and him were still dating,secretly too,but that was useless,they were both seeing different people at the same time.then my mom dumped her boyfriend and SHE started hitting me... I never turned her in or said anything about it because in a way I guess I thought I kind of deserved it for accidentally telling on my dad.and now they're happily married with new kids of all their own,but they still hit me... not as often but it hurts me.they're always putting me down and they practically wipe their feet on me like I'm a mat!
    Expert

May 14, 2009, 09:05 PM

You are being abused, if that's what's going on at your house.

You NEED to talk to someone about this. An adult, preferably at your church or school.

There must be SOME adult that you trust!

Will being taken away help? Well, at least it will show you that you don't have to live like you are!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 14, 2009, 09:13 PM

Yes report the abuse to a teacher or school couselor, and they will get social services or youth protective service involved.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2009, 09:20 PM

You need to talk to ANYONE. If you still feel that you don't have anyone to talk to, there are many crisis networks in place for you to go to.

NATIONAL CRISIS - INSTITUTIONALIZED CHILD ABUSE

Child Abuse and Neglect: Nationwide Directory of Crisis-Lines and Hotlines - Child Abuse: An Overview ~ FindCounseling.com

800-4-A-CHILD (thats 800-422-4453)

You need to tell SOMEONE. Go to the emergency room even. They can take care of it for you too.

Please please please I beg you to get help with this. You CANNOT keep living like this.

May 28, 2009, 05:07 PM

Okay,I will... thanks so much

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to open adoption records on closed adoption [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: I am looking for my son I keep hitting roadblocks today I found out it was a closed adoption I need to know how to get these records opened

Laws for adoption and child support after adoption [ 4 Answers ]

I was wanting to know if any one might know about the laws in Arkansas for adoption. I've tried looking for my answers but I'm not to bright at this. I was wondering that when a child is adopted if child support from the other father stops? And will he still have to pay back child support that he...

What do I have to do for adoption [ 1 Answers ]

Well I have this daughter and her real dad is willing to give up his rights so my husband can adopt her what kind of papers and stuff do I do for that

Adoption [ 1 Answers ]

I just got married and my daughter's real father lives in other state. He chose not to be in her life. I wanted to know how or can my husband adopt my daughter?

What happens now with the adoption? [ 12 Answers ]

I wrote some time back about the birthfather getting a paternity test and what he could do after... well yesterday the results came back and HE is the father. Which I already knew! But my main concern now is... what will go on now? Will they judge him on his living conditions? His salary a year?...

View more questions Search