Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jillpill Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 11:39 AM
    Spotting and fevor
    My period is about four days late, but Ive had some light spotting (not enough to need even a panty liner). I took pregnancy tests that all came out negative. Now I have a fevor and a pain in my left side.
    TristaNicholle Posts: 75, Reputation: 9

May 5, 2009, 11:48 AM

You should seek a doctor immediately. You could have a cyst, pid, or an ectopic pregnancy. This is serious! Don't wait around! Take it from someone who has been through a ruptured ovarian cyst and emergency surgery, see your doctor!
    jillpill Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TristaNicholle View Post
    You should seek a doctor immediately. You could have a cyst, pid, or an ectopic pregnancy. This is serious!! Don't wait around! Take it from someone who has been through a ruptured ovarian cyst and emergency surgery, see your doctor!!
    Can you explain what those things are?
    TristaNicholle Posts: 75, Reputation: 9

May 5, 2009, 12:02 PM

An ovarian cyst, is just that, a cyst on one of your ovaries. There are several different types, and most women get them and never even know it, they just go away on their own during their cycles. But sometimes they can grow and twist the ovary or rupture, spilling the fluid contents into you abdominal cavity and causing a lot of pain and risk of infection, resulting in surgery to remove the tissue.

PID-pelvic inflammatory disease, is an infection of the uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries and reproductive organs that seriously damage the organs and result in pain and infertility.

Ectopic pregnancy is a pregnancy that occurs outside the uterus, unsually in the fallopian tubes rather than the embryo attaching in the uterus where it's supposed to. This causes pain and leads to severe bleeding because the fetus is growing where there isn't enough room to support it. A pregnancy cannot last in this manner.

All of these things are serious, and if you are having a fever it's a warning sign that something is wrong. Go get examined by a doctor, please.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spotting [ 2 Answers ]

U just answwer my ? But ima answer your ?s now... ok I don't get my period every month I spot a lot... no I don't know my most fertile days... no I'm not taking pre-natal vitamins and I am 21 if you can . Help please do so...

Spotting.. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. First of all let me say hi to everyone:p . I am new to this forum and thought maybe you guys could help me out with my situation. My situation is as follows. I have been on the pill for three years now "Alesse 21". My periods are always regular. This month during the 1st or 2nd week of taking...

Spotting [ 3 Answers ]

Had my period 6-22-6-24 very light pink which is unusal for me usually lasts longer than 3 days was supposed to start the 13th but was late then it stopped thought it was over but still spotting sometimes it's there on the tp sometimes its not had to use a pl for a few days this has never ever...

View more questions Search