Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flash535 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 11:35 AM
    Toilet Cistern Slow to Fill
    Hi
    I have a close coupled push button toilet cistern that is now incredible slow to fill, had a look inside just drippling in water takes hours to fill. Any help would be appricated.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 5, 2009, 11:45 AM
    I'm putting up two ballcocks, (see image) Which one's yours? Tom
    Attached Images

nfaust Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2010, 04:20 AM
    Left image
    CHayn Posts: 177, Reputation: 10

May 16, 2010, 06:17 AM

That's an easy replacement. You can get the part at any hardware store. I recommend changing the supply tube at the same time
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 16, 2010, 06:43 AM
    So you have a FluidMaster ball cock. This is a common problem with these ballcocks. They have a small washer with a hole,(see image) in the center that swells shut in time preventing water from entering the tank.
    Purchase a FluidMaster Seal#242 from your local big box store. To replace it you will have to shut the water off to the tank and take the tank lid off. Twist the top of the ballcock off counterclockwise, (see image) and pull up. Pry out the seal and replace it. Reassemble, turn the water back on and give it a flush. Better now? Regards, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water slow to fill cistern [ 2 Answers ]

Push button type toilet takes the cistern up to 2+ hours to fill. Could this be an air lock? Can someone please suggest a solution. Alternatively if this is not the problem, could someone please offer cause and solution? As you may gather... I haven't a clue!!

WC cistern will not fill [ 1 Answers ]

2 years ago we had a new toilet fitted, within those years we've had 1 new cistern installed because the it would not fill and it's happened again. It's a low fitted. As anyone any idea what causes this and how to "fix it" Thanks

Slow filling toilet cistern [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, we have a push button toilet which has just started to fill really slowly. Inside, there looks like there's a plastic arm with one end stopping a jet of water and the other end pivoting on the float. The end that stops the jet of water is hissing water out of the top whilst there's just a...

View more questions Search