Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Roxy1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 11:13 AM
    Rheem heatpump blowing less air
    My unit is just short of one year old. Past week it has been forcing less air through vents and twice checked filter and filter fell out with lack of pull through intake. Happens mainly at night and am aware it does defrost but not in warm weather here in AZ. It does not do it all the time but force is less than half of normal. Anyone know what's going on here?
    TristaNicholle Posts: 75, Reputation: 9

May 5, 2009, 01:38 PM

Is the AC unit freezing up? Frozen coils will cause no air flow...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heatpump blowing cold air [ 9 Answers ]

I have a Rheem Heatpump and am not getting any heat when I switch it to emergency or set the thermostat high enough for the aux heat to come on. There is only 1 heating element and I have tested its continuity with an ohm meter after switching the fuses off and disconnecting the wires to the...

Arcoair unit / heatpump blowing cold [ 1 Answers ]

The unit is an arcoair not sure how old it is, it was here when we bought the house 5 yrs ago. We had fan replaced last year and this year it seems to be blowing cold air for longer than usual. The thermostat is set at 72 the temp is dropping to around 63 while the unit is running and it is blowing...

Wire connections from t-stat (white rodgers) to rheem heatpump 2-ton [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a rheem 2 ton heat pump. I bought a white rodgers t-stat to run the heat pump. On the t-stat there are as follows top row of wire connectors c- common, l-? w-2-2nd stage heat, e-emergency heat, 2nd row r- 24volt hot, g-fan, o/b-reversing valve? Then y-cooling. This is a package...

Rheem heatpump contactor not energizing [ 4 Answers ]

I have a heat pump that is not energizing when the tstat calls for cool (or hot). I'm getting 24V to the circuitboard (yellow in from tstat to common), but not across the control terminals of the contactor. Manually pushing the contactor down starts the fan and compressor and the system appears...

Heat blowing cold on a Rheem RCBA3765AS17 [ 3 Answers ]

My Rheem central heat and air is not working. Most important now is the heat. The heat comes out, but the air blows cold. Before I spend the money for an expensive expert... is there any hope of me fixing it myself... or doing some checks so I have an idea what is wrong to save time and money if...

View more questions Search