Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrs hagerman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 10:49 AM
    Missed period
    Well I'm a week late on my period and my boobs hurts , but there's no way I can be pregnant my husband is fixed , so I'm wondering what it can be ?
    TristaNicholle Posts: 75, Reputation: 9

May 5, 2009, 10:53 AM

I believe it usually takes several months after a vasectomy for all remaining sperm to be ejaculated or reabsorbed. You should use another method of birth control until you have a semen sample tested and it shows a zero sperm count. Otherwise, you can still get pregnant. So it may depend on when he had the surgery.. and as always there are instances where sperm still gets through. It may be just a change in your cycles due to hormone shifts, etc. Sore breasts can also be a sign of your period about to start, it's not exclusive to pregnancy. Take an HPT to be sure or see your Dr.
    TristaNicholle Posts: 75, Reputation: 9

May 5, 2009, 10:55 AM
    Vasectomy is a very effective (99.85%) birth control method. Only 1 to 2 women out of 1,000 will have an unplanned pregnancy in the first year after their partners have had a vasectomy. (I found this quote on another site... )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed pill, missed period week later missed pills again, got my period? [ 3 Answers ]

About last week I missed 4 pills and I didn't get my period for missing the pill and just this week I missed 3 pills and got my period and at first coming out red and now it is coming out brown? But about a week and a half ago I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and thought the reason for not...

Missed period [ 3 Answers ]

Hello All, Here is my story. I am 28. I have been on the pill for years. Doctor took me off in October.( I was having trouble) After I stopped taking them I felt good periods came back for those 2 months like normal. Then put me back on in After my period in December. I was on vacation and stupid...

Missed period? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello. Ok I got my last normal period nov.24. And I had to take the morning after pill not long after which made me get my period again dec.5th. Its now the 10th and I still have not gotten my period. I took a test sat the third and it was negative. Should I be worried. I have to admi I have been...

Missed Period [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there. I'm a 20 year old female and have missed my period for two months in a row now. Bottom line is, as anyone on here will tell me, that I need to see a doctor but, I'm looking for any way to possibly avoid that all together. I've been under a lot of stress at work lately... but it also...

Missed period [ 4 Answers ]

I haven't had a period since January 6, it is now February26. I've taken 4 epts and they have come out negative. Is it possible to be pregnant and yet test negative? How long should I wait before I see my np? I've had a child already, so I'm a bit confused. I have had some cramping similar to...

View more questions Search