Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jinky_sancheja Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 10:29 AM
    When will my daughter walk?
    My daughter is 1 yr 4 months. She was born last Dec. 22, 2007. She still can't walk without support. She always need someone to hold on to. Well, she can step only a few steps but most of the time she is always tired to learn how to walk. She oftentimes makes tantrums when I attempt to practice her to learn how to walk. What should I do? Help
    Meredith1978 Posts: 120, Reputation: 9

May 5, 2009, 11:59 AM

It wouldn't hurt to bring her for a check up ut I wouldn't be to concerned. It may be she has no reason to yet.

Do you carry her anywhere she wants to go? Maybe she is just satisfied with crawling at the moment. I bet the doctor will probably tell you to wait it out for another couple of months and then they will see if there is an underlying reason.
    holly_penyo Posts: 81, Reputation: 11

May 6, 2009, 03:14 AM

My daughter is only 7 days older than your daughter and mine just started walking. She is still very wobbly and unstable. Most babies start walking before this age, but most doctors don't worry about walking until 18 months.
    My daughter was late to sit on her own and to crawl, so it was no surprise she was late to walk as well.
    I had my daughter in physical therapy and the best thing to do is to get a toy (preferably a new one) and let her play with it while standing for a minute or so, then slowly move back so she will start to take steps towards it. Then just keep going from there.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 09:04 AM

All children learn at their pace so I understand you want to see her walk but try not to dwell on it. One day she is going surprise you and walk so relax and try not to push her too much.
    Miller11 Posts: 40, Reputation: 3

May 6, 2009, 04:20 PM
    Just give it time and she will walk when she is ready. My daughter was about 14 months old when she really started to take off and walk on her own. Just keep practicing with her and she'll get the hang of it eventually. But if she is not walking by 18months old then yes it would be a good idea to get her back to her doctor and have her checked out to see if maybe something else is wrong. Try not to worry about it so much, although I know that's hard to do when you're concerned about your child. Good luck and just keep doing what you're doing, she'll be walking before you know it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog won't walk at all. [ 20 Answers ]

I got a 3-4 month old pit bull just last Thursday. I bought from a friend of a friend who said they fed it twice a day and pretty much an outside dog. I carried the dog to my car since I figured the dog might run away if I tried to put down. It seems like she has a fear of getting picked up since I...

How can you just walk away [ 12 Answers ]

How is it that someone can break up with you and just move on? How do they just forget you? What the psychology behind it?

They walk among us. [ 4 Answers ]

*Caution... They Walk Among Us!* *One day I was walking down the beach with some friends when someone Shouted... 'Look at that dead bird!' Someone looked up at the sky and Said... 'where?? '* **They Walk among us! * ***

How do you walk away? [ 6 Answers ]

Im still having trouble letting go of my 3 year relationship with my ex girlfriend. Its been almost 3 months maybe 4 and I still can't walk away without wanting to try to make it work with her and when it comes to trying not to be her friend I can't do that either I go a day maybe a week at best...

Should I walk away? [ 213 Answers ]

hey guys I am new to this site so please bare with me =) I am 26 year old male who I would say am a good looking guy, I own my own house, I have a good job etc... I guess what I am trying to say is I have a good life and I have a lot to show for. Now 6 montn I fell deeply in love with an old...

View more questions Search