Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jakeskin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 09:41 AM
    Swimming pool top rails
    I have a 21” round above ground pool and the top rails are rusting through.
    The rust is falling in the pool.
    I put the pool up about four years ago. It was given to me from a friend who said he only used it for one year, then moved and took the pool with him intending to put it back up but never did. Unfortunately it must have sat outside in the weather for a few years before he have it to me. There is no name stamp any were on any of the pool parts.
    It is a 21” round. It has 6” top rails, and there are 14 of them.
    I have not yet measured the length of each rail but I can if it helps.
    Any info would be great.
    Zazonker Posts: 126, Reputation: 19
    -

May 5, 2009, 06:04 PM

1. You probably also have the metal strips (that hold the liner) under those rails rusting. On our pool, they rusted before the rails.
    2. First choice. Take a rail to local above ground pool stores and see if they can help you.
    3. Check on-line stores. Google "above ground pools" and you'll get a bunch.
    4. We've done business with a couple of the hits that you'll get; purchased new rails, a new liner, etc. I don't want to mention any names here, because, while in each case we ended up with what we needed, we had issues that we had to work with each.
    5. For the on-line stores, I'd recommend calling and talking to someone; do not just try to order on-line. If you aren't happy with the way the conversation goes, try a different one. Once you pick one or two to try to work the problem, email them digital pictures of the; pool and of a sample of each of the types of parts that you need. Include exact dimensions.
    Good luck!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 25, 2011, 04:15 PM

Donna, Jake was here 2 years ago. Don't think he's going to see this question. Maybe start your own new post.
    rodzel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2012, 10:43 AM
    Where can I get the top metal rails and metal strips for 20 yrs. Doughboy pool
    pjs826 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2012, 03:47 PM
    I have a 17 year old Doughboy with the top rails rusting also. Three of them have actual rust holes and the rust is falling into the pool. It's a 24' round pool with 18 top rails. Nine of the top rails have rust.

I bought the pool while my house was being built and when I was setting it up the following year, I found nine of the top rails were missing. Turns out it was one box of top rails. Went to the pool store and was given a box of top rails.
    Now I wonder which box of rails are the ones with the rust-the originals that came with the pool or the nine I received a year later.

If you find where to get replacement top rails, please post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shocked in Swimming Pool [ 3 Answers ]

Last summer I was shocked while using my inground swimming pool. The pool is probably 35 years old. We have owned the house for 18 years. After I was shocked, an electrician came and found that there was no GFI nor was the pump grounded. Thought it was fixed. Earlier this year, after sticking...

Swimming Pool Light [ 3 Answers ]

If I remove the swimming pool light, is it necessary to still ground the slide and the steps?

Swimming pool sub panel [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a 100 amp pool sub panel for an inground pool. I am running #4 thwn in pvc from the house to the sub panel. My question is can I put a junction box in my basement and convert to #4 romex to the main panel. Question #2 Do I attach the #8 bare bonding wire to the ground bar of the...

Pool bottom rails [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to find the rails for under my silverado pool. It is between 10 and 13 years old. Does anyone know where to find it? I have searched extensively for it online and not been able to discover anything close. I would appreciate any ideas. Thanks!

Swimming Pool [ 1 Answers ]

I am building a peanut shaped pool 20x40 (3-8ft.) with a water fall in the middle and 4 deck jets. Two in each corner. Iam thing 2 skimmers and 4 returns? Also I would need an auto water leveler and suction for cleaning system. Looking for a drawing on how to plumb. There is no heater or spa. 2...

View more questions Search