Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobeeker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 09:25 AM
    Craftsman 42" Riding lawn mower cuts off when blades engaged
    I have a Sears Craftsman 42" riding lawn tractor that has the electronic blade engage switch. The mower runs fine but when you engage the blades it runs for a few seconds and then shuts the mower down. I have bypassed the safety switch under the seat and also had to replace the clutch the pulls in the blades as the old one was bad. So what's the problem with this thing??
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2009, 10:02 AM

I think you missed another safety switch or the jumper is not good under the seat.
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

May 5, 2009, 09:18 PM

I would have to agree that the seat safety is usually the culprit when this happens. I guess it's possible that the ignition switch could be losing connection but that's grasping for a different answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman riding mower engine stops when blades are engaged [ 15 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman 'Garden Tractor', model number: 917.273070. It has a Kohler engine (model number: CV22S, type number: 75534). The engine starts fine and will run without any issues in all gears. However, immediately once I engage the blade clutch the engine begins to stall. If I place the...

Craftsman lawn mower cuts uneven [ 1 Answers ]

I have a craftsman riding mower with 42 in deck and it cuts uneven I have replaced the deck , mandrills, blades ajustment screws basically everything that goes with the deck and have tried every ajustment possibly know to try and get it to cut evenly also I have all four leveling wheels everything,...

Riding mower sputters & back fires when blades are engaged [ 2 Answers ]

My 2002 Scotts 1642h lawn tractor stalls sputters chokes & backfires when blades are engaged but will operate at low speed or w choke on and resume running smothly when blades are disengaged. The carb has been cleaned thoroughly, new fuel filter and plug.got any suggestions ?

Craftsman Riding Mower dies when I engage blades [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a Craftsman 24HP riding mower 2 months ago. Just today when I was mowing the lawn it died in the middle of cutting. After I disengaged the cutting blades, I was able to re-start it. But every time I rotate the engagement lever the engine dies. The belt/pulleys seem to be working...

View more questions Search