Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Megan2345 Posts: 239, Reputation: 8

May 5, 2009, 08:57 AM
    Always tired
    I sleep about 9-12 hour a night. I am still tired. I am on Prozac and Depo Prevera. I am not on any special diet. I'm 23.
    Are some people just sleepy? Could it be because I have poor quality sleep? Could I be depressed and not realize it?
    Any ideas?
    TristaNicholle Posts: 75, Reputation: 9

May 5, 2009, 09:01 AM

Have your thyroid levels checked. Hypothyroidism can cause tiredness. You mentioned you were taking Prozac... This isn't for depression? Also, you might want to include a multi B vitamin. It can help with energy. And exercising regularly actually will give you more energy as well. Sometimes too much sleep can also make you more tired... Just bits I've acquired from experience with the same problems... Hope it helps!
    forester2kcc Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2009, 02:55 AM

I'm guessing you have checked the side effects of your medications, if not tell your doctor... some people don't realiazed that they have sleep disorder... you can ask your partner or someone if you snore during your sleep, if yes you can ask your doctor if you can undergo a sleep test..
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2009, 03:26 AM

Were you tired in the same way before starting the Depo? The injection can affect hormone levels profoundly. Have you discussed this with your psychiatrist who prescribed the Prozac? This drug can cause drowsiness in some people, although it's uncommon.

Good advise above. Have your thyroid level checked.
    Megan2345 Posts: 239, Reputation: 8

May 15, 2009, 10:12 AM

Thanks guys
    lavanyaa Posts: 190, Reputation: 4

May 15, 2009, 10:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Megan2345 View Post
    I sleep about 9-12 hour a night. I am still tired. I am on Prozac and Depo Prevera. I am not on any special diet. I'm 23.
    Are some people just sleepy? Could it be because I have poor quality sleep? Could I be depressed and not realize it?
    Any ideas?

I do have the same complaint as yours thanks for posting and I got good answers here
    The Dark09 Posts: 161, Reputation: 8

May 15, 2009, 10:34 AM

It depends that you lose when you wake up during the night, my doctor said the same thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Always tired [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 55 piling on weight and always tired. Why?

Tired of my ife [ 8 Answers ]

I really tired of my life it getting bad every single day I want to cry all day I don't want to live no more make me so sick that I can't take it no more

I am tired! [ 9 Answers ]

OK I am now 35 weeks and I want to know if anyone has any ways to go into labor early... now I don't want to just yet but I am getting close and in the next 3 weeks and I just need some ideas... please help me I am so tired and can't do much I feel big and blaaaaa... please let me know or if any...

View more questions Search