Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shuale_ejs Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 08:36 AM
    Pet insurance
    Hi, I am in the market for pet insurance and have visited many sites and gotten many quotes (I pretty much know what coverage I want); however, what I would like most is to hear some honest opinions/experiences concerning any pet insurance company you may have done/be doing business with.
    TristaNicholle Posts: 75, Reputation: 9

May 5, 2009, 08:44 AM

I have only had experience with PetPlan, and it seems to be pretty good. Plus, it is recommended by the Humane Society. When I adopted my dog from the shelter, I was given a month free with her adoption. The rates are reasonable and seemed to have good coverage, at least when I was enrolled a few years ago...

May 5, 2009, 09:08 AM

Thank u for such a quick respose Trista!
    TristaNicholle Posts: 75, Reputation: 9

May 5, 2009, 09:12 AM

No problem :)
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2009, 04:58 PM

This is just the other end of the spectrum, but it is something to think about, if you are good with money. :)

A lot of our clients instead of getting pet insurance, find out how much it would cost monthly, and put that amount away in a separate bank account.
    That way.. lets say your pet ages and has no accidents.. then you have a large lump sum of money to help him or her through her older years.

That being said, if you do decide to go the route of pet insurance, call around to the different insurance companies, and find out as much as you can. How much it is, what it covers, what it doesn't cover, etc etc.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 5, 2009, 05:00 PM

Also talk to your vet as to what plans they have worked with and have had good luck with.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 5, 2009, 11:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariss View Post
    This is just the other end of the spectrum, but it is something to think about, if you are good with money. :)

A lot of our clients instead of getting pet insurance, find out how much it would cost monthly, and put that amount away in a separate bank account.
    That way.. lets say your pet ages and has no accidents.. then you have a large lump sum of money to help him or her through her older years.

That being said, if you do decide to go the route of pet insurance, call around to the different insurance companies, and find out as much as you can. How much it is, what it covers, what it doesnt cover, etc etc.
    I do this... I have my "dog fund"
    Each week I just put $10 into the safe then when I have a big vet bill I can just take the money from there.

May 6, 2009, 06:46 AM

Thanks everyone... you've definitely given me something to think about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Involved in accident without insurance but she had insurance [ 12 Answers ]

I live in PA. An older lady hit my car per the police report it states that she turned directly into my driverside of my car as I had the right of way. My car was damaged & I was hurt. I contacted my insurance company they told me my policy cancelled 3 days before the accident but its OK now...

Car insurance for the ill [ 2 Answers ]

Does car insurance increase when you have an illness like angina and diabetes:confused:

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

About car insurance [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there!I renewed my car insurance, and I just want to know if I still need to put my violation in the renewal papers that I need to return to the insurance company even though I already pay for my ticket and take the traffic school?tnx

View more questions Search