Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SBowman Posts: 71, Reputation: 6

May 5, 2009, 08:31 AM
    Legal action against Debt
    My mother borrowed money from a friend, and right now we're in the position that we can't pay it back. The friend is threatening legal action against us.

Is this possible for her to do?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 5, 2009, 08:33 AM

Yep. As long as she can prove the loan existed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal Action [ 3 Answers ]

I have a tenant that, as of 2/1/09, is three months behind in rent. I spoke with him on 1/15/09, date late charge goes into effect. He informed me he would pay on 1/20/09. 1/15/09 was the last time I saw or spoke with him. The rental property is next door and I haven't seen anyone there since...

Is it too late for legal action? [ 14 Answers ]

We joined a travel club in July this year. It sounded like a great way to be able to save at the time. It was one of these "sign today as you will never be invited to join again" deals. I feel so stupid for having fallen for this. Since then, the company has "closed its membership" and is...

Would you take Legal Action for Slander? [ 8 Answers ]

First, I need to tell the entire story so that you may get a feel of what's going on. About a month and a half ago I applied for an Assistant Managers position at one of the larger grocery stores in my city. I interviewed for the position and a few days later they called and made me a job...

Is there any legal action I can take? [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter's biological father has never been a part of her life. Ya, he was around her for a few months here and there, only because we share common family members by marriage. No, we are not related. She was 2 yrs old when paternity test were done. A month after the paternity papers he got...

View more questions Search