Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sportsguy4793 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 07:00 PM
    Scared and worried
    Hi, my partner and I have never had sex, but we fool around. I now have not had my period for the last two months. In march, we fooled around right after I got off my period which was only like 3 or 4 days, and then 3 days later it started again for 3 days. 2 weeks later, there was brown spotting for an hour or so. Had cramps for a couple days last week. HPT showed negative on 2 days late. I am very stressed that I am pregnant. I read hpt's can take up to 2 or 3 weeks to show results, and that all these are signs of pregnant. My periods have always been regular, so I'm not sure what this could mean. When is an hpt the most accurate? Anyone have any ideas? I'm really scared and worried. Please help. Thanks.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 07:08 PM

If you have not had sex you cannot be pregnant. How do you mean 'fool around'

May 4, 2009, 07:28 PM

We don't have sex, but we still fool around, fingers and such. Can I get pregnant if he had preseminal fluid on his hand though?
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 07:35 PM
    Yes, it is possible for you to be pregnant - but not likely. The best time to take an HPT is when you first wake up in the morning.
    TristaNicholle Posts: 75, Reputation: 9

May 4, 2009, 07:35 PM

In order for a sperm to fertilize an egg, it must swim through the vagina, past the cervix, and meet the waiting egg in the fallopian tubes when it is released from the ovary. The egg only lives about 24 hours then dies, and ovulation occurs approximately 14 days from the first day of your period on an average 28 day cycle. The odds of pregnancy on average are only about 20-25% each given cycle and this is if all conditions are exactly right. So, it is very unlikely that a sperm made it all that way and met with a viable egg at the right moment just from "fooling around" as you put it. Relax, cycles can change as you mature and your body develops. But if you are going to become sexually active, become informed about how your body functions, and his too, and always use protection.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 4, 2009, 07:38 PM

While the odds are slim, it is possible. Lets put it this way, what is good odds, 1 in 100 is still possible, or 1 in 1000. You may be that one,

But as noted please don't even fool around unless you know what can happen,
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 07:58 PM

TristaNicholle disagrees: Highly unlikely given the basics of anatomy and biology

Trista, there was nothing "factually incorrect" about the info jjwoodhull provided. The answer given was that pregnancy is possible and it is so the negative rating was unnecessary.
    TristaNicholle Posts: 75, Reputation: 9

May 4, 2009, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikosmom View Post
    TristaNicholle disagrees: Highly unlikely given the basics of anatomy and biology

Trista, there was nothing "factually incorrect" about the info jjwoodhull provided. The answer given was that pregnancy is possible and it is so the negative rating was unnecessary.
    I already know that and apologized privately to user. I hit the wrong button. Mistakes happen. Sue me.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 08:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TristaNicholle View Post
    I already know that and apologized privately to user. I hit the wrong button. Mistakes happen. Sue me.
    Ok, mistakes happen :cool:
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 09:40 PM
    I would think that it is unlikely you're pregnant - although with these things sometimes anything is possible.

Do you know when you're ovulating? - if your periods have been regular, then ovulation would normally happen halfway through your cycle - or thereabouts, so it would be odd to be ovulating a couple of days after your period has finished. However, having said all that, all our bodies are different and again, anything is possible.

I suggest you see a doctor - to check what's happening with your menstrual cycle. Any changes should immediately be checked out. At least it will set your mind at rest. What's the point of being scared and worried?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 5, 2009, 02:53 AM

Yep... since you are normally regular, and have now missed two periods in a row, time to visit your doctor to try and determine a reason... pregnancy or otherwise.

May 5, 2009, 04:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    Yep....since you are normally regular, and have now missed two periods in a row, time to visit your doctor to try and determine a reason....pregnancy or otherwise.
    Its not technically 2 in a row. It was irregular in march. Had period for 3 days, then stopped and then 2 days later started again for 3 days, and then spotting a couple weeks later, and then this month, still have not had period, but had cramping last week. I guess I'm just scared as to what the doc will say...
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2009, 06:36 AM
    Being scared of what the doctor will say is just avoiding reality. What if the doctor says everything is fine - the sooner you find out, the sooner you can move forward with your life.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 5, 2009, 06:41 AM
    If you are scared of what the doc will say, and you only "fool around" maybe you are too young to have sex? Just a thought.

This is not meant to judge or demean you, but do you really know how babies are made? How old are the two of you?

May 5, 2009, 07:06 AM

I am not too young to have sex, just not trying to conceive at this time. Yes, I know pleanty of how babies are made. I have taken a number of health classes thanks. We are in our mid 20's so we are not too young to have sex, and like I said, we are not having sex. Instead of telling me what I should or should not do, providing information is much better. Think before you speak.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 5, 2009, 08:22 AM

I'd try another pregnancy test at the end of this week if you haven't had a regular period. It may be your period is just off, it may be you are pregnant but it was just too early to pick it up when you tested before.

If it is negative, wait and see what happens for May with your period. If it doesn't show, see your doctor.

May 5, 2009, 08:47 AM

OK thanks. I took another test 4 or 5 days ago but still negative. I scheduled a doc. Appt for today so hopefully things get straightened out soon.
    Sugar cookie1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2012, 11:18 PM
    Don't worry yourself too much your going to make it through

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Only 19! Only had sex once! Worried I'm pregnant? VERY WORRIED! [ 11 Answers ]

So I know there are a few other posts like this but I'm just nervous about my situation... about 4 weeks ago I had sex, he had a condom on and I'm on the pill (trinessa), not while he was inside be and before he came he had to take it off because it was rolling down. We were still fooling around...

Worried about pre-, I'm very scared [ 4 Answers ]

I am a 16 year old male dating a 14 year old female. We've been going out for 7 months now and had sex for the first to no later than a month ago. I've been doing the withdrawl method ( we've done the withdrawl method like 10 times ) and scared if my girlfriend is pregnant. I've heard that pre-...

View more questions Search