Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lns0720 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 04:52 PM
    Cost of insurance
    Hey,I was wondering how much it would cost to get 1,000,000.00 of insurance for a general contracting buissness.Thinking of opening my own buisnes.Also, would I pay annually,semi annually how would that work? I'm located in Phila PA,Thanks in advance for any feedback.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 06:19 PM
    I had $1 million liability policy for a consulting business. It cost $1,400/year. I paid monthly. My business was located in NYC.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 4, 2009, 06:52 PM

What type of insurnce, is it liability insurance, what deductable. Even how long you have been in business. All of that effects cost.

But 1000 to several 1000 could be possible.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 07:18 PM

The specific nature of your contracting business also affects the premium because certain fields pose higher risks. Most companies offer payment plans (monthly, quarterly, semiannually).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cost of end. Inv. And cost of goods sold under average cost [ 1 Answers ]

It's me again! I have another question to the same problem. In case someone else responds, I'll post the problem again. June 1 inv20051000 June 12 purch.30061800 June 23 purch. 50073500 June 30 inv. I need to compute the cost of the ending inventory and the cost of goods sold using the...

Low cost student health insurance [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter (who will be 18 in July)will be starting college this year. We do not have any family health insurance, as my husband was laid -off in March and has not worked since because we are awaiting the green card. Please can anyone advise me of what health and/or dental plans would be...

Is the cost on health insurance for F2 deductible from taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a F1-visa holder. My son, a F2-visa holder, who is less than 15 year old, came in the US last July. My husband has never been in the US. I have the following questions regarding taxes. 1. I bought health insurance for my son in the last Aug. Is this cost deductible from taxes? 2. I paid a...

Need the law on insurance cost [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a law that states mortgage co. can or can not charge you more for home insurance than what they say they have paid for it themselves if so what is the law code or MCR and what does it say about it. If a mortgage co has made errors in your account and are now trying to cover it up to...

View more questions Search