Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    london england Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 01:40 PM
    Missed period?
    I should have had my period a couple of days ago, I have took a pregnancy test to put my mind a ease and it came back negative, I am normally 28 days, but I do feel the symptoms of pre period, sickness, headache, anxious etc, I have been under a lot of stress this past month could that be a factor? Am I worrying too much about not starting my period??
    toni3219 Posts: 1, Reputation: -1

May 4, 2009, 01:44 PM
    Your probably pregnant
    TristaNicholle Posts: 75, Reputation: 9

May 4, 2009, 01:48 PM

Cycles can certainly vary from month to month and it's not unusual to have a longer one, especially if you are stressed. If you were using contraceptives as directed, most likely with a negative hpt you aren't pregnant, but it's possible you could indeed still be. Wait a few days and retest if you haven't started your period. Hcg (what a test reads) isn't in the urine until after implantation which occurs approximately 6-12 days after conceiving. Some women take longer to get a positive reading because the embryo implants a little later.
    london england Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TristaNicholle View Post
    Cycles can certainly vary from month to month and it's not unusual to have a longer one, especially if you are stressed. If you were using contraceptives as directed, most likely with a negative hpt you aren't pregnant, but it's possible you could indeed still be. Wait a few days and retest if you haven't started your period. Hcg (what a test reads) isn't in the urine until after implantation which occurs approximately 6-12 days after conceiving. Some women take longer to get a positive reading because the embryo implants a little later.
    Hey I always use condoms and from my last period to my expected period now I no I cannot be pregnant, every time I make sure that if I have any doubts I get the morning after pill, but my partner and I this month there has been no mistakes?? If I feel like having a period doesn't that mean its going to come in a few days??
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 4, 2009, 02:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by toni3219 View Post
    your probably pregnant
    This person knows nothing. No self respecting medical provider would read what you wrote and post what this person did.

The common "pregnancy symptoms" you cite are all "presumptive" symptoms... things that can be associated with pregnancy, or not... "symptoms" that can be due to many other things.

Such as the stress you talked about.

"could you be pregnant"... well, of course you can. You've had sex, and even with condom use, it isn't 100% effective, which you know.

You also could be simply skipping a period. It happens. Stress does that. Anxiety. Diet. Sleep. Hormone imbalances. And on and on and on...

Unfortunately, its now a time of waiting. And testing. Maybe more waiting. And testing.

The negative HPT just means failure to detect levels of pregnant hormone... which isn't the same as saying you are not. You could be, but hormone levels take time to concentrate, and some women take much longer to have hormones hit threshold levels...

So take the test first thing in the morning with your first trip to the bathroom... and until your period comes, its going to be a waiting game to know for sure.

My son was conceived using fertility tracking and birth control. Oops happens.

But one cannot say you "probably" are pregnant just from presumptive symptoms. I have a cold, and half of my symptoms could indicate pregnancy... I'm a guy, so that somewhat puts my mind at ease, but still...
    TristaNicholle Posts: 75, Reputation: 9

May 4, 2009, 07:26 PM
    [QUOTE=kp2171;1711620]this person knows nothing. No self respecting medical provider would read what you wrote and post what this person did.

Thanks, I wanted to say this very thing.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 4, 2009, 08:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TristaNicholle View Post
    Thanks, I wanted to say this very thing.
    You can be "good cop", ill be "bad cop"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed pill, missed period week later missed pills again, got my period? [ 3 Answers ]

About last week I missed 4 pills and I didn't get my period for missing the pill and just this week I missed 3 pills and got my period and at first coming out red and now it is coming out brown? But about a week and a half ago I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and thought the reason for not...

Missed Period [ 2 Answers ]

I am 10 days late on my period, and I thought I was pregnant because we have been trying to have our 2nd child. Well the blood test confirmed I was not pregnant, and I am not stressed out, I am not a worry bug. What should I do? What does this mean?

Missed period [ 1 Answers ]

Okay. I haven't had my period in like 2 1/2 months. I've tooken two home pregnancy test and negative. I went to the gyn and came out negative. I never missed a period till now. I loose and gain weight and never kept my period to stop and I'm haven't been stress out only the fact that I keep...

Missed period [ 4 Answers ]

Curious how late is late missed period and what does missed period look like? Because I normally have 28 cycle of period. And now its 2 days late... nothing come out of me... I took HPT today and came out negative. I was thinking maybe tomorrow will be my 3rd day of missed period and will take HPT...

Missed period [ 2 Answers ]

My last period started December 14, 2007 now its January 16, 2008 and I still have yet to start.. does this mean I could be pregnant or is there other reasons for missing a period?

View more questions Search