Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BRADF Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 12:18 PM
    '05 F250 Diesel intermittent turbo
    My '05 F250 diesel turbo doesn't kick in all the time! Does anyone have similar problems and what was the cure? Other than it not working all the time, it works well when it does engage. Thanks, Brad
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 4, 2009, 12:22 PM

If you have not been using a full-synthetic diesel HDEO, the turbo may be coking up on you. This link may help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1415281
    Poleman Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2010, 12:30 AM

Poleman: MAP hose to intake manifold. Primrose Diesel C-Tain Boost (Denton, TX). Watch accumalation soot / coke buildup in turbo / intake / EGR (also water leak to intake, see steam @ tail pipe), EGR valve (front top intake, inspect)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

97 F250 HD 7.3 Diesel [ 3 Answers ]

Truck died within 1 minute of starting and will not start. The wait before starting light did not or has not come back on. Owners manual says this is a problem check Starting and Operation of Diesel Engine Section for problem. No such section exists in manual. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM AND THE FIX?

Ford F250 Diesel [ 8 Answers ]

How do I change the head in my Ford F250 diesel?

Diesel Ford f250 will not start [ 2 Answers ]

My 1999 Ford f250 diesel will not start this morning. It ran fine yesterday but after plugging in to warm the oil and charging the battery it still will not start. Any hints. This is the first time I have had any trouble starting this truck.

F250 Diesel will not start [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1997 F-250 Diesel Truck that will not start. It started for a couple of minutes then stopped and I can not restart.. . battery seems good... engines turns but won't catch... have electrical connection to heater block to keep warm.. have snow plow on the front... need help to start... have...

01 f250 7.3 diesel waterpump [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced the waterpump on my f250 diesel,with a new waterpump from my local napa auto parts store,now I have a vibration in the engine,any ideas as to why? Replaced belt,hoses and water pump at the same time,

View more questions Search