Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    izrael Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 11:46 AM
    2 moving violation in 3yrs
    Are there any companies willing to hire otr with 7pts? I was laid off from kllm lst month and
    Having ne luck landing new job. I have hazmat and 10yrs exp
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 4, 2009, 12:08 PM

Most trucking companies hiring of drivers is mandated by their insurance company's policies. Having that many points on a professional driver's license means that your chances will be far less than a driver with less points on his license. Keep trying companies. It all depends on what the violations were for also. That does make a difference with some insurance companies but not always.

Try looking at trucking companies in different states also. Try the northeast states or companies out of Texas.

Having the hazmat endorsement should help you as well. Have you ever thought of hauling propane? In the winter most trucking companies that haul propane can't hire enough drivers to haul for them. But since this is the spring/summer/fall you might want to look into companies that haul asphalt products as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hippa Violation Or Privacy Law Violation? [ 16 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend got me pregnant and left me at four months. I have many physical problems and he had his friend who is a pharmicist look up my perscriptions (I live 40 miles away from that store location and have never been there) and then the pharmacisit shared all the information. Can I do...

3yrs of my life gone like that [ 1 Answers ]

OK here's my story I have been with the same girl for three years off and on we started with a great relationship then she foound out that the same night I met her I slept with my ex-her friend then afterthat things went hell bound she treated me like crap she ran all over me made me cry I'm a man...

Late paid moving violation actions [ 1 Answers ]

I was faced one night and accidentally parked in a handicapped praking spot at to a.m. in the morning and a state trooper wrote me up.I paid the ticket a month late but was never sent any notice about my license being suspended in Connecticut. Where do I call or research?

Moving on but moving backwards. [ 3 Answers ]

Its been over a year since me an my man split. We were together for 7 1/2 years. I don't know where we went wrong. I remember one day waking up beside him and him showing me a ring asking me to spend the rest of my life with him an that's when everything changed. We were engaged for only 3 months...

3yrs hooking up with someone and we aren't boyfriend and girlfriend [ 13 Answers ]

I have been hooking up with this guy for 3 years. I like him so much and I know he likes me. I don't think he wants a commitment, because he hasn't asked me out and he may never. We hangout like once a week and we keep our options open for others that walk into our lives. I wonder sometimes why...

View more questions Search