Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Reks1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 11:28 AM
    Photography Courses
    Hello there!

I'm interesting in changing career and have always been interested in photography. Can anyone recommend the best course to go on that will lead to a recognised qualification?

Cheers :)
    Reks1
    dcooper Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

May 4, 2009, 01:54 PM

That is a BIG question. Very generally speaking there are many colleges and universities offering on-campus (i.e. Professional Photography Programs, Professional Photography School) and online courses -some accredited with a degree-some without. It may boil down to what is best for you-what type of photography are you most interested in, what types are making the most money, do you want to attend full-time, etc. etc. I know I have not answered your question but I wanted you to consider a couple of things above. (I attended a college taking night courses on campus many years ago and studied advanced photography-no degree-but it did help me get jobs at photo labs in 3 countries-one lab 14 years! At these labs I got to not only do processing but make enlargements, copy old photos, shoot portraits, take product shots and also shoot location events & weddings). If you Google "accredited photography courses" you will see many possibilities. I'm sure other responders to your question can also give valuable, helpful input. Hope I could help a bit. Photography is a wonderful career -especially if you get really good in a particular area and can understand color, lighting, composition, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you take just a few courses without getting a degree? [ 7 Answers ]

I am just wondering if it is possible to take a few courses at a university without have to go though an entire degree program. I am married and plan on having kids soon so I don't really have time to go to university and getting a degree, but I am intrested in taking just a few courses in women...

What Courses. [ 2 Answers ]

I recently graduated high school, and just realized what it was that I was to do with my life. I have no idea where to go with that... I want to work in psychology... any ideas?

Photography Courses in London [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have recently taken a penchant for photography.. and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good photography courses that are taught in london... I would prefer it if they provided a certificate of some kind... Thanks

E.c.c.e courses [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know the courses offered for E.C.C.E

View more questions Search