Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    new owner 4321 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 10:34 AM
    New owner
    Im a new owner of a janitorial company what is the best way to aproach offices to clean
    WebsiteSolution Posts: 85, Reputation: 10

May 4, 2009, 10:56 AM

Do you have any clients yet? Do you a marketing budget?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

May 4, 2009, 08:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by new owner 4321 View Post
    Im a new owner of a janitorial company what is the best way to approach offices to clean
    Good evening new owner 4321,

A few questions please to get a better feel for you and your company;

Are you after commercial or residential jobs? You mentioned 'offices' but are you after houses also?

What is your experience level; have you worked in this business and for how long? We need a starting point... don't want to recreate the 'wheel if not necessary.'

What markets do you call upon, there are different approaches to different markets ie: offices, retail, warehouses, medical, residential, etc. Or at this point does that matter to you?

Are you talking about cold calling on businesses?

Are you asking specifically how to speak to new prospects directly? What to say? How to 'act?' What questions to ask them? Making appointments?

Have you put together a business plan? Are you a franchise company or are you the owner of your own company? Do you have a business partner?

Please respond new owner 4321, answer these questions so I have a better understanding of exactly what you need. And I would be happy to help where I can.

I am an owner a three commercial cleaning companies in the Chicago area for the last 17 years, I may be able to help.

Stringer
    new owner 4321 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 08:08 PM
    NEW OWNER 4321

Hello I'm focusing in both commercial and offices even houses. But seems I'm getting more costumers for houses then commercial,and I want to see how I can approach commercial and were handing out flyers to get costumers for lawn and were doing good. The job I'm having trouble is writing a flyer or letter to the commercials and offices. I don't even know how to write a proffecianal letter

Were beginners we have no proffecianal cleaning experience..
    We haven't done cold calling because I don't know what to say yes we want to know how to speak to a new prospect directly and by phone. How to act and what questions to ask them. Even the estimates for offices and commercial. I don't have a business plan I don't know how to do one. I'm the owner of my business. I have NO business partner. I really went to learn the most I can on cleaning. If its just like cleaning my house?? Like I said Were beginers

Thank you
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

May 5, 2009, 08:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by new owner 4321 View Post
    NEW OWNER 4321

hello I'm focusing in both commercial and offices even houses. but seems im getting more costumers for houses then commercial,and i want to see how I can approach commercial and were handing out flyers to get costumers for lawn and were doing good. the job im having trouble is writing a flyer or letter to the commercials and offices. I dont even know how to write a proffecianal letter

were beginners we have no proffecianal cleaning experience..
    we havent done cold calling because i dont know what to say yes we want to know how to speak to a new prospect directly and by phone. how to act and what questions to ask them. even the estimates for offices and commercial. I dont have a business plan i dont know how to do one. I'm the owner of my business. I have NO business partner. I really went to learn the most i can on cleaning. if its just like cleaning my house ????? like i said Were beginers

Thank you
    The only similarity between the two is that you will be cleaning. In my opinion, they are two different animals.

Because we are basically at square one here, may I suggest that the first thing that you do to familiarize yourself more with the commercial market by doing a little research in AMHD threads. At the top of your thread is a 'search box', type in this box things like; commercial, commercial cleaning, janitorial, cleaning, building service company, business plan, etc. Then read some of the very detailed information posted there. Make a list of the exact questions that you have and then come back to this thread New owner. There is quit a bit of reading but you will learn a lot. Then come back and I will be happy to answer your questions. Please have detailed questions ready.

For example;

What equipment will I need? How long will it take to clean a 5,000 sq ft building? How much do I pay my workers? How much do I charge for a 5,000 sq ft building that I will clean 5 days per week? Etc....

How are you at speaking to strangers New owner? How are you at planning? Do you like people in general? Are you good at walking up to strangers and starting a conversation?

Please search the items I listed and read them carefully, it will help a lot.

Another website that you can join that is specifically for the cleaning business both residential and commercial is:

www.thejanitorialstore.com There is a small fee but it is a great site.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Co-owner trying to force other co-owner into foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

I am a co-owner of a house with my ex boyfriend in Arizona. He moved out without notice. He has an apartment and told me that he was just going to let the house foreclose. I cannot afford the mortgage on my own. I said I would just get roommates (which would be my mother) He told me no he wouldn't...

Due to Owner [ 2 Answers ]

What does Due to Owner means

New old KZ owner. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I have just acquired from my brother an old 1977 kz650B. He got it from a cousin who had ridden it for 5 years without any trouble. My brother rode it for two weeks and it died and has never run again. I have changed the oil & filter, air filter, plugs and points. It gets air, gas and...

New dog owner [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know how often do young dogs of about 5 to 6 months go poop on a regular diet

Owner [ 9 Answers ]

Hi everyone, my name is Tess, Owner of Perfect Cleaning. My question was: How do you estimate certain jobs. I do new construction, apt moveouts, commercial, residential, and section 8 housing for the govt. I have done OK for the most part, but I always stress over the decision. Thank you all for...

View more questions Search