Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    syrupforyou Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

May 4, 2009, 09:26 AM
    Have you heard of slimina diet pill?
    I would like to know if anyone here have tried slimina weight loss pills. My friend recommended it to me since she lost 25 lbs for 2 months. A guy friend also lost 15 lbs in 1 month. I wonder if its really safe. I don't want to scare them or make offend them by asking the question.
    TristaNicholle Posts: 75, Reputation: 9

May 4, 2009, 09:35 AM

It works on the principle of a diuretic, meaning it dehydrates you. So any weight loss is from water weight and not true fat loss. It's also extremely unhealthy. If taking a pill was the miracle cure to get rid of fat and make you thin, wouldn't everyone be skinny? Eat right, exercise more. THAT'S how you lose weight.

May 4, 2009, 10:49 AM

How come my friends lost weight. Their face , tummy , arms etc are now slimmer.

May 4, 2009, 10:58 AM

I'm not saying that it's not possible to lose weight from it, but again, it's not necessarily fat loss. Diet pills usually work on two concepts, diuretic-water loss, and caffeine-to give you more energy and reduce appetite. This pill may be a combination of both. You may lose weight, but you are also potentially at risk from side effects of the drug and any weight you do lose on it will likely come back just as fast if you aren't maintaining a healthy diet and exercise routine.

May 4, 2009, 10:59 AM
    Have you tried it also so I know you're credible enough to give the answer

May 4, 2009, 11:03 AM
    No I've not personally taken this particular pill. But after researching its ingredients and knowing the trend in diet pills, this is a fact of the industry. The information is there, take it or leave it. You're obviously going to make the decision to take it anyway, so perhaps you should do a bit of researching on your own and read the facts about diet pills before you spend hard-earned money on a potentially useless or even harmful product.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 4, 2009, 12:22 PM
    I think what you meant to say to tristanicholle was "thank you for taking time to answer my post"... right?

And I cannot believe you would recommend this product on another thread,

Ask Me Help Desk - View Single Post - Need to lose tons of weight

And then complain about her (tristanicholle) not having direct, personal experience with it... when you yourself have suggested taking this without direct, personal experience and while being unsure of whether it works... you wouldn't have posted the question if you were completely sure, right? Just a little hypocritical?

Third, maybe its just that I'm wired wrong. Must be the degrees in bio and chemistry, but I sort of like to know what I am ingesting... is it safely manufactured... reviewed by leading medical experts. But that's just me.

Talk to me about "diet" drugs that moderate seratonin or inhibit lipase activity (and have been peer reviewed and tested) and ill listen with intelligent interest. Don't think for one moment that a major pharmaceutical co wouldn't put out effective OTC diet pills if it was effective and safe... so I'm usually suspect when its another herbal drug co that promises what many others before them did...

And, no... I'm not at all hesitant to believe in the power of herbal meds... most of our best meds come from natural products... there's a whole branch of chemistry tied to medicinal natural product isolation. Talk to me about how free radical antioxidants can lighten skin... I'm willing to listen... discuss how the polyphenols in lemon balm can fight cold sores... still listening...

But... children will lose weight and appetite if they eat enough lead paint chips... but that doesn't mean its good for them. And most OTC diet pills ingredient labels are ambiguious at best, and/or misleading...

Most over the counter pills do exactly what tristanicholle said. On top of that, most people start to intentionally watch their weight, what they are eating, and many also begin to exercise... or drink the lots-o-water that the pills suggest to take.

And I've seen a friend of a friend completely destroy her body with diet pills. In the hospital every other year due to complications.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Did any one try Slimina (weight loss pill)? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all, this is my first time to post question. I really want to know if anyone tried before slimina weight loss pill? I bought one bottle yesterday and today my first day I didn't feel much changes except that am thirsty. But does it really works and does it have any side effects? Can I...

HoodiaExtreme diet pill [ 1 Answers ]

I want to loose weight and know I'm going to need some help doing so I got hoodiaextreme dietary supplement. It says its suppose to act as a appetite suppressant, so has anyone taken this? If so how was it? And did it bring upon any type of side effects like the jitters, or restless nights. It says...

Ali diet pill. [ 10 Answers ]

I've heard that the ALi diet pill can make your stool oily and, how shall I say this, flowing? My co-worker was tellng me his wife took it and literally had to wear a diaper for a week... I can't do that... What have you heard/experienced?:confused:

The Ali Diet Pill [ 2 Answers ]

Can you take the Ali Diet Pill if you have a thyroid problem?

View more questions Search