Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sixkidshavei Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 05:21 AM
    Chihuahua in trouble birthing
    She had a dead baby yesterday. She seems to still be pregnant how long does it take to have to puppies my neighbor says sometimes a day is this true or will my dog die because the other puppie did not come out or could there have been just one? She is still big
    Sixkidshavei
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 4, 2009, 05:24 AM

How many hours ago did she have the first puppy?

It can take several hours in between each puppy.

If she seems distressed in any way or more than a few hours have passed take her to the vet immediately as she may need a cessarian.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 07:02 AM
    Please take her to the vet NOW. Consider having her spayed if she needs a c section..
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 4, 2009, 07:14 AM

Couldn't give you good rep Sariss but yep, get the spaying done at the same time!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Chihuahua Pee Pee [ 21 Answers ]

She is still using the carpet. She's having problems with potty training. If I crater her and attach the litter box, will this also convince her to use the litter box when allowed out of the crate?

Kitten won't come out all the way, what do I do? Birthing complication [ 3 Answers ]

My cat had 3 kittens last night starting at 4:00pm. She just started to give birth to a 4th kitten that is not alive and she hasn't pushed the baby all the way out for over an hour. How do I help her to get the baby out without killing my cat? I have no money and cannot go to a clinic for help.

8 week old chihuahua, trouble eating... concern about socialization [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All, I am a first time puppy owner of a beautiful 8 week old little princess chihuahua named Cookie. She started eating the solid food the breeder provided, but has recently been reluctant to eat it. I was given Science Diet A/D to supplement her food if she was not eating, which she...

Dashound birthing help [ 2 Answers ]

Our dashound is having her babies right now .Sack came part way out with baby, she broke the sack and baby went back in what should I do or will baby come back out

View more questions Search