Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    john-marlene Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 04:34 AM
    Grass in my Vegetable Garden
    Every year I add cow manure and peat to my vegetable garden and then till the soil until it is well mixed and soft. For the last two years we have had a lot of grass growning in the garden. It is now May and the grass in the garden is growing like mad. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting rid of the existing grass and what should we do to keep it from coming back.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 5, 2009, 05:21 AM

Grass seed blows around, birds carry it and drop it anywhere (bad birds). No quick fix; just pull it where you see it. Anything else to get rid of grass will damage your vegs. What do you do about weeds ?

Tick
    car9172 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2009, 05:55 PM

I've started using the landscape fabric, little more work up front,but saves from pulling weeds when its 100degrees outside. Athick layer of newspaper with mulch on top will also work
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 12, 2009, 07:47 AM

When you use non-composted manure you will get weeds, remarkably looking just like the stuff the cow was eating last week.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eradicate nut grass in garden [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any grass killers specifically for nut grass?

Replacing the grass in my lawn with eco-grass [ 1 Answers ]

I want to replace the grass in my lawn with some eco-grass (a blend of fescues, not the astroturf), but I'd like to avoid using Roundup to kill my existing grass. I was thinking of either tilling my entire yard with a rototiller or getting a sod cutter and then flipping the sod over (so I don't...

Dog eating a lot of grass [ 11 Answers ]

I know all dogs will munch on grass, but mine seems to be chowing down on it like it's going out of style! The only thing that worries me is she's been having trouble pooping because there is so much grass! She manages to push it all out, but the consistency isn't right and I can SEE the grass in...

Grass [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a new house in December and my yard is full of weeds. How do I start growing grass?

Unruly Grass [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada. I have a problem with unruly grass... don't know how else to describe it. The unruly parts have coarser blades that the good areas. The unruly grass tends to flatten out / lie down and spread out from the centre where it appears to be a brownish color....

View more questions Search