Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

May 7, 2009, 07:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by krazycee07 View Post
    also if hydroquinone oxidise when its exposed to air then it wouldn't work at all no matter what type of container you keep it in right? you expose it to air when you apply it to your skin. that doesnt make sense to me.
    It probably wouldn't get messed up if you had it exposed for a short period. If you leave it out for a long time it would. It also gets messed up if it is in a transparent container. That happens to a lot of chemicals like peroxide. That's why it comes in a brown bottle. I read this on wikipedia:
    Hydroquinone can be an unstable ingredient in cosmetic formulations. When exposed to air or sunlight it can turn a strange shade of brown. Therefore, when you are considering a hydroquinone product, it must be packaged in a non-transparent container that minimizes light and air exposure. Hydroquinone products packaged in jars are not recommended because they become ineffective shortly after opening.
    krazycee07 Posts: 86, Reputation: 4
    -

May 7, 2009, 08:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by XOXOlove View Post
    it probably wouldn't get messed up if you had it exposed for a short period of time. if you leave it out for a long time it would. it also gets messed up if it is in a transparent container. that happens to a lot of chemicals like peroxide. that's why it comes in a brown bottle. i read this on wikipedia:
    Hydroquinone can be an unstable ingredient in cosmetic formulations. When exposed to air or sunlight it can turn a strange shade of brown. Therefore, when you are considering a hydroquinone product, it must be packaged in a non-transparent container that minimizes light and air exposure. Hydroquinone products packaged in jars are not recommended because they become ineffective shortly after opening.

OK thanks for clearing that up!
    wannabwhite Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2009, 10:49 PM

I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to my question... is it OK to mix the hydroquinone powder to any cream purchased that already contains 2% hydroquinone? I was thinking of just adding more powder to the cream I have and then keep it in hot water until it dissolves rather than making my own cream...
    doloress Posts: 24, Reputation: 8

May 8, 2009, 03:03 AM
    If you add the HQ powder to your cream and place it in hot water it will oxidise and turn bron because of the change in temperature and become brown. The crystals of HQ will probably not all dissolve and you will end with a cream that has a gritty consistency and will irritate your skin.
    doloress Posts: 24, Reputation: 8

May 8, 2009, 03:04 AM

I meant it will turn brown.

May 8, 2009, 10:22 AM

Oh OK thanks, I guess ill get everything together and try to make my own cream... I need more information though as far as how much temperature were suppose to put the hydroquinone as well as the other stuff...
    jojo9090 Posts: 76, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2009, 03:37 PM

Anyone used hydroquinone liquid rather than powder, or anyone know where I can get some powder in the UK?

May 11, 2009, 07:02 PM

The photography hydroquinone will work to make your own cream, but I don't have any info on the liquid hq...
    tryin2lighten Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2009, 04:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabwhite View Post
    the photography hydroquinone will work to make ur own cream, but i don't have any info on the liquid hq...
    wannabwhite, do you know where in the UK I can get the photographyhydroquinone?

TIA
    adowaakos Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

May 13, 2009, 04:18 PM

Where can I get genuine mono to purchase.

May 13, 2009, 09:28 PM
    No I really don't know specifically for uk, but you can do a Google search and see if any one of the companies deliver to uk...

May 13, 2009, 09:35 PM

As far as mono, if you type in monobenzone on Google search, it's the very first site that comes up... I purchased hq from them, my hq didn't show any results even yet and I have been using it for about a month... maybe their mono might work better. I really can't tell you for sure, because I'm still trying to figure out if there hq is ever going to work... I kind of feel like I wasted my money, maybe I shoould just try to be more patient... I have never tried mono, because I'm scared to try it after I read all the horror stories, but let me know how it goes for you...
    krazycee07 Posts: 86, Reputation: 4
    -

May 14, 2009, 01:59 AM

No girl don't order from them again, I ordered from them and received a brown watery mess, try mixing your own cream that's what I'm going to do!!
    sweetchica21 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1
    -

May 14, 2009, 06:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabwhite View Post
    as far as mono, if you type in monobenzone on google search, its the very first site that comes up... i purchased hq from them, my hq didn't show any results even yet and i have been using it for about a month... maybe their mono might work better. i really can't tell you for sure, because im still tryin to figure out if there hq is ever gonna work... i kinda feel like i wasted my money, maybe i shoould just try to be more patient...i have never tried mono, because im scared to try it after i read all the horror stories, but let me know how it goes for you...
    I haven't been seeing great results with my hq either and I have been mixing it with all kinds of products lol... I think the hq from mono only works if you mix it with other things and even then it doesn't work fast enough.. waste of money if you ask me.. once I'm done with the cream I'm not ordering anymore..
    mepk5 Posts: 371, Reputation: 6

May 14, 2009, 11:53 PM

yazter?
    Why do u think mono net is a scam?

U don't order your HQ from them? Who do u order from?
    I ve heard different things about them I'd like your opinion.

May 16, 2009, 01:53 PM

Yea I decided that once I'm done with these pplz creams I'm not ordering any more either. I rather experiment and try to make my own cream and get some results, than spend money on something I'm not getting any results with.
    gold3509 Posts: 202, Reputation: 4

May 16, 2009, 07:23 PM
    Yes mono may be scam cause I just got my order of hydroquinone in mailed and it was exactly what krazycee07 a mess a watery pink brown mess eww... I just emailed them and demanding my money back... I ordered hydroquinone from a legit company here in the states and it looked nothing like what mono.net sent. And it work wonders on me.. I wish the company still sold it... but they no longer sell it here... I'm so disppointed in that mono website sending me crap look like a kid whip it up...

May 17, 2009, 11:01 PM

Girl yea mines was also browinsh pinkish watery mess... I called them and asked why they have the hydroquinone in jars and they were like that's just the way package it... and when I asked that all the hydroquinone probably oxidized, and the brown color prooves that, she was like "actually it doesn't oxidize that quickly, i think it works even better when its brown in color..." I was like no, that's not what I read when I researched about this product... I don't know what to say anymore, all I know is I got scammed and I ordered like $200 dollars worth... I used the cream very regularly, like I stated once in the evening and once in the morning and throughout the day when I get a chance... but I have not seen even 1 shade of difference on my skin, wait I take that back, I probably went like 2 shades darker then what I started with... and I know yazter warned me, but I guess I had to learn it the hard way because I wanted to test it myself and see if it works for me or not...

May 17, 2009, 11:50 PM

Oh my god, guess what guys? I went onto monobenzone.net, and it looks like the site got shut down or something! I can't even dispute the whole transaction on paypal right now because it's been over the 45 days already. I just filled a dispute for the part of the payment that was arranged at a later date... I hope I get my money back, because I'm freakin furious!
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2009, 02:28 AM

Wow sorry to ear about all your bad expereinces but mine has not been the same, I'm still maintaining from their hq mixture

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hydroquinone [ 38 Answers ]

I wonder if there are good products that conatins Hydroquinone 2 % ? For worldwide shipping, I found one site but the shipping for other coutries than Usa seems to be very hard to understand, manual shipping intructions, and you have to make everything on your own. Weight, types, and everything....

Hydroquinone USP 2% [ 5 Answers ]

Hi.. I am 24 year old girl with a brown skin. I had very slight pimple scars so I applied a medicine with hyderoquinone USP 2 % on my face and kept it over night. So,Now I ended up having more pigmentation(repigmentation) and feeling depressed with my marriage falling close in 6 months.Will this...

6% hydroquinone [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, Can someone tell me how and where to get 6% hydroquinone. I have 4% but I would like something a little stronger.

High Percentage of Medicare & SSN Tax [ 2 Answers ]

In my current paycheck I noticed that, the amount of medicare and SSN tax that got deducted from my taxable wage is little higher. I know that the SSN tax percentage is 6.2% of the taxable income and medicare is 1.45% of the taxable income. I have also heard that these are not refundable while...

Safe Percentage Of Hydroquinone [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys, Ok here's the deal. My face is a light brown complexion BUT... my eyelids are still brown. I've tried kojic acid, makari, hypercreme and I can't for the love of god lighten my eyelids. So I thought 'ah a small percentage of hydroquinone should help''. I don't know of any safe creams...

View more questions Search