Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wannabwhite Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 12:09 AM
    high percentage of hydroquinone
    Hey guys,
    I started using hydroquinone in a very high percentage like last week. I have been applying it every morning and evening as a part of my skin whitening regimen, but I also apply it randomly throughout the day if I have time. I also use kojic acid soap once a day... Since I started using the high %, my skin has gotten very dark:mad:... Im trying to tell myself that this is just the start of the skin whitening process and it's going to get better, but at the same time, I realize that I'm not peeling or anything so I feel like I'm digging myself more into the whole... I am determined to keep going no matter what I see right now, but was wondering if there is any other better way out with fast results... Or is anyone else using a high % and noticing similar results as me?
    sweetchica21 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1
    -

May 4, 2009, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabwhite View Post
    Hey guys,
    I started using hydroquinone in a very high percentage like last week. I have been applying it every morning and evening as a part of my skin whitening regimen, but I also apply it randomly throughout the day if I have time. I also use kojic acid soap once a day... Since I started using the high %, my skin has gotten very dark:mad:... Im trying to tell myself that this is just the start of the skin whitening process and it's gonna get better, but at the same time, I realize that i'm not peeling or anything so i feel like im digging myself more into the whole... I am determined to keep going no matter what i see right now, but was wondering if there is any other better way out with fast results... Or is anyone else using a high % and noticing similar results as me?
    I've been using hq40% for the past month on my body. Lightened about two shades so far I think.I haven't peeled either although a little bit of my neck did burn:mad:.. I mix my hq with some halog cream on my palm and rub it on my body twice a day. Just added the hot movate gel to the mix... I've lightened about two shades so far.. to get better results.. u should try using your hq with something else... a lot of people who start using hq usually get darker during the first week and then lighter... stick it out and see how it goes..

May 4, 2009, 09:21 AM
    I just recently mixed my tretinion cream into the hydroquinone 40%, hopefully that helps... I hope I start seeing lightening real soon, because all I see until now is darkening like crazy, and everyone in my family is asking me, "whats wrong with u, ur getting super dark..." I'm using the same percent for my face and body, because my face is darker than my body. I am going to get some Movate cream and add that to the mix as well...
    sweetchica21 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1
    -

May 4, 2009, 05:00 PM
    i just recently mixed my tretinion cream into the hydroquinone 40%, hopefully that helps... i hope i start seeing lightening real soon, because all i see until now is darkening like crazy, and everyone in my family is askin me, "whats wrong with u, ur getting super dark..." im using the same percent for my face and body, because my face is darker than my body. I am gonna get some Movate cream and add that to the mix as well...
    NEVER mix two creams together and store it. It reduces the potency and strength of both creams. The best thing to do is mix it in your palm together every time before each use.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetchica21 View Post
    NEVER mix two creams together and store it. It reduces the potency and strength of both creams. the best thing to do is mix it in ur palm together every time before each use.
    Great advice chica:) if you want a peel add lemon to your cream
    clueless2008 Posts: 135, Reputation: 18

May 4, 2009, 06:00 PM

I didn't get darker when I used HQ. I actually got lighter about one shade in my face. But, my HQ was mixed with retin-a.
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 07:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless2008 View Post
    I didn't get darker when I used HQ. I actually got lighter about one shade in my face. But, my HQ was mixed with retin-a.
    Yeah retina does work very well with lightening:)

May 4, 2009, 08:49 PM
    I didn't know that mixing two creams is going to mess up their strengths and stuff, I think it's too late now because I have a big jar that's already mixed. I hope it still works for me though... I'm still continuing to get dark, I do see little lighter spots on my face beneath my dark skin. I want to get white like right now or see some positive affect on my face sometime soon.
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 09:51 PM
    i didn't know that mixing two creams is gonna mess up their strengths and stuff, i think it's too late now because i have a big jar thats already mixed. i hope it still works for me tho... im still continuing to get dark, i do see lil lighter spots on my face beneath my dark skin. I wanna get white like right now or see some positive affect on my face sometime soon.
    The darkening is annoying but just try to stick it thought the fresh skin you see below will be up and running in no time
    yazter Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 07:42 AM
    Okay, stop, right now! You've only been using it for like a week so the damage can be reversed.

Hydroquinone should not cause darkening.

Points to keep in mind:

1. Where did you get your HQ from? Monobenzone.net is spam. Are you sure it's legit?
    2. Hydroquinone after mixing can OXIDISE. And since you put it in a jar, it's pretty much gone. You need to contain it in one of those moisutizer bottles, and squeeze it until the cream reaches the hole once you're done, just to make sure that there is no air.
    3. Are you avoiding the sun and using a good sunblock when you leave the house? Hydroquinone was once used for TANNING creams because of its darkening properties... give your skin a break then go back once the darkening subsides.

Hyperpigmentation can also be the result of allergic reaction, take soothing agents and avoid the sun.. The skin will peel eventually. I hope..

May 5, 2009, 07:44 AM

Corrections: Hydroquinone will oxidise when exposed to air.
    And monobenzone.net is SCAM not spam... where did you get your HQ? Garden of Wisdom? A photography store?
    krazycee07 Posts: 86, Reputation: 4
    -

May 5, 2009, 08:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by yazter View Post
    corrections: Hydroquinone will oxidise when exposed to air.
    And monobenzone.net is SCAM not spam... where did you get your HQ? Garden of Wisdom? A photography store?
    Why do u say monobenzone.net is a scam? Did u get scammed by them?
    krazycee07 Posts: 86, Reputation: 4
    -

May 5, 2009, 08:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by yazter View Post
    corrections: Hydroquinone will oxidise when exposed to air.
    Also if hydroquinone oxidise when its exposed to air then it wouldn't work at all no matter what type of container you keep it in right? You expose it to air when you apply it to your skin. That doesn't make sense to me.

May 5, 2009, 11:50 PM
    Well I did get it from the site that you mentioned, I couldn't find any other places that would sell higher than 4%. The way they sent it to me was in jars, kind of like the peanut butter jars only white... I didn't really know what else to do, I read mixed reviews about them, I didn't know who to trust so I just ordered it from them... I was thinking about getting a photography hq, but I don't know how to mix it into a cream! So unless someone can tell me how to mix my own hq or a legitimate place to purchase hq over 4%, I'm going to continue using the stuff that I have... I spent the money I might as well use it now. Ill definitely look up more info on the oxidation thing, but thanks for the warning.

May 6, 2009, 01:24 PM
    well i did get it from the site that u mentioned, i couldn't find any other places that would sell higher than 4%. the way they sent it to me was in jars, kind of like the peanut butter jars only white... I didn't really know what else to do, i read mixed reviews about them, i didn't know who to trust so i just ordered it from them... i was thinking about getting a photography hq, but i don't know how to mix it into a cream! so unless someone can tell me how to mix my own hq or a legitimate place to purchase hq over 4%, im gonna continue using the stuff that i have... i spent the money i might as well use it now. ill definately look up more info on the oxidation thing, but thanks for the warning.
    Good luck with your skin "darkener" then.
    Seriously, though stop before it's too late. I know the rush and I know the feeling, I've been wanting to be light my whole life, but using fake products will not bring real results (if any).

Mixing hydroquinone is EASY. It's very dissolvable into water.. or alcohol (hand sanitizer). Mix: 10% alcohol, 10% aloe vera, 10-20% hydroquinone.

Stir them in a cup, make sure the cup is inside a bowl of hot water to add heat.
    Stirr and mix.
    Add a lot moisturizer
    Mix then put it in a blender (any blender). Click on "puree" or "liquify" and leave it for 5-7 minutes, it will be liquid. Use a proper container (dark color so no light can come through) and put in a fridge.

May 6, 2009, 01:25 PM

Come back to it after 24 hours, and you got your cream! :)

May 6, 2009, 06:27 PM

Are you serious, it's that easy?? I spent hours trying to find a realistic way to make the hydroquinone cream and didn't really come up with any that were written in regular english... they were all like chemistry and pharmacist language. Ill definitely try to make the hq cream myself, but I have one other question... when I search for photography hydroquinone, I get one that comes up for like 6 bucks, would that work?? Or is there any that you can recommend?

May 7, 2009, 01:57 PM
    are u serious, its that easy??? i spent hours tryin to find a realistic way to make the hydroquinone cream and didn't really come up with any that were written in regular english... they were all like chemistry and pharmacist language. ill definetly try to make the hq cream myself, but i have one other question... when i search for photography hydroquinone, i get one that comes up for like 6 bucks, would that work??? or is there any that u can recommend?
    Hey can you pm me with your link? I know one photography store but I'm not sure.. I'll link u to my source. I will also explain other things.

May 7, 2009, 02:29 PM

OK check your messeges, I just sent you the link
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

May 7, 2009, 07:22 PM

Hey people can you get me on board for the photography hq or whatever too.. I'm planning to start hq also now... am losing my patience with everything else...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hydroquinone [ 38 Answers ]

I wonder if there are good products that conatins Hydroquinone 2 % ? For worldwide shipping, I found one site but the shipping for other coutries than Usa seems to be very hard to understand, manual shipping intructions, and you have to make everything on your own. Weight, types, and everything....

Hydroquinone USP 2% [ 5 Answers ]

Hi.. I am 24 year old girl with a brown skin. I had very slight pimple scars so I applied a medicine with hyderoquinone USP 2 % on my face and kept it over night. So,Now I ended up having more pigmentation(repigmentation) and feeling depressed with my marriage falling close in 6 months.Will this...

6% hydroquinone [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, Can someone tell me how and where to get 6% hydroquinone. I have 4% but I would like something a little stronger.

High Percentage of Medicare & SSN Tax [ 2 Answers ]

In my current paycheck I noticed that, the amount of medicare and SSN tax that got deducted from my taxable wage is little higher. I know that the SSN tax percentage is 6.2% of the taxable income and medicare is 1.45% of the taxable income. I have also heard that these are not refundable while...

Safe Percentage Of Hydroquinone [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys, Ok here's the deal. My face is a light brown complexion BUT... my eyelids are still brown. I've tried kojic acid, makari, hypercreme and I can't for the love of god lighten my eyelids. So I thought 'ah a small percentage of hydroquinone should help''. I don't know of any safe creams...

View more questions Search