Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kay Peltier Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2009, 08:35 AM
    Hair dyed Too Dark
    I was supposed to get base color/ light brown with highlights. Way too dark, how do I lighten or get it to fade - fast
    sjleon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2009, 09:17 AM

This happened to me once before.I used a little lemon juice(real lemon juice,not the sugar loaded king) with conditioner and it helped bring the color about one to two shades lighter.Results can be seen after one to two uses.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2009, 09:24 AM

ColorFix, Color Zap, Color Oops will all remove the color so you can get another shade and re-dye it. Lemon juice is a very poor choice (hair damage). Clarifying shampoos will cause it to fade a bit faster.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dyed hair to dark [ 1 Answers ]

I was trying to get rid of grays and used a light ash brown & came to dark how do I lighten it?

Hair dyed too dark [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my dyed hair is too dark from the top of my ears downwards. If I put on say a temporary colour say Harmony would that lift it and will it damage the condition of my hair? Also, the grey bits although dyed are frizzy or wiry how can I get them to lay down and behave!

Hair dyed to dark [ 1 Answers ]

I just dyed my light brown hair dark brown and it turned out jet black. Help!:eek:

I dyed my hair too dark [ 3 Answers ]

Please help! I colored my hair too dark of a shade. The color is very uneven (the roots are light) and the rest is too black. I don't know what to do to lighten it. Thanks!

View more questions Search