Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 05:38 PM

Yes red to either r or rc and a jumper between them. When your emer heat lite comes on 2 degrees lower then the setting does the air get warmer? Have you noticed?
    tommyusa Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 05:40 PM

With the HOneywell TH6220D which is 2 heat 2 cool
    It has the following connection:
    Rc, R, W (O/B), W2 (AUX), Y, Y2 (E), G, L, C

Please explain how to do electrical connection based on my Bryant connection.

May 4, 2009, 05:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshdta View Post
    yes red to either r or rc and a jumper between them. When your emer heat lite comes on 2 degrees lower then the setting does the air get warmer? have you noticed?
    Yes, the emt heat is a lot warmer and quicker. The green light on the thermostat
    Turns on too
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 05:44 PM

OK with the 2h 2 c

Red- rc jumped to r
    Yellow-y
    Green-g
    Orange-o
    White- aux jumper to E
    c- like I said probably blue but not sure what is on there now.

May 4, 2009, 05:47 PM
    ok with the 2h 2 c

red- rc jumped to r
    yellow-y
    green-g
    orange-o
    white- aux jumper to E
    c- like i said probally blue but not sure what is on there now.
    Yes, I just check, it is blue for C on my current thermostat. So, I need another jumper to W2 and Y2 right??
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 05:48 PM

Jump r to rc, and jump aux to E
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 05:49 PM
    That shold do what your other stat was, but you will need to make sure you do the installer setup correctly to get the heat to work right.

May 4, 2009, 05:50 PM
    ok with the 2h 2 c

red- rc jumped to r
    yellow-y
    green-g
    orange-o
    white- aux jumper to E
    c- like i said probally blue but not sure what is on there now.
    OK,
    Let me make this clear, Red to R or Rc with a jumper
    Yellow to Y
    Green to G
    Orange to O/B which is also (W)
    White to aux which is also W2 with a jumper to E which is also Y2
    Blue to C
    And L should be leaved alone right?
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 05:52 PM

Correct L is just for a light to flash if you have a problem outside it is not needed.

May 4, 2009, 05:54 PM
    correct L is just for a light to flash if you have a problem outside it is not needed.
    Thank you so much Josh, you sound like an expert and I would trust your judgement on this. I'll buy the 2 heat 2 cool then hook up exactly what you said.

Thanks again. You're the best, and I'll let you know once I got it set up.
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 05:56 PM

Great hope it work, just make sure to read the installer setup like I said. You will be fine!! And make sure to turn the power off before you start.

May 6, 2009, 05:12 AM
    great hope it work, just make sure to read the installer setup like i said. you will be fine!!!! And make sure to turn the power off before you start.
    Josh, I have one final question for you. My current Bryant thermostat only show - Heat, EMH, Cool, Fan, Off. It does not indicate the auxiliary heat anywhere and I assume that Emergency and auxilery are the same thing.

My Honeywell TH6220D only come with one jumper and it is being used for the R & Rc. Do I have to make up another jumper for the aux and emh, or I just need to make one connection to emh and ignore the aux. Please let me know what you think. Thanks a bunch
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 05:26 AM

I would put the jumper in. it will work just like your old stat did if you wire it to aux. the problem is if you do not put in the jumper. If you switch your stat to emergency for any reason with a wire not on the E terminal you will not get any heat.

May 6, 2009, 07:25 AM
    I would put the jumper in. it will work just like your old stat did if you wire it to aux. the probelm is if you do not put in the jumper. if you switch your stat to emergency for any reason with a wire not on the E terminal you will not get any heat.
    OK, I'll do that. Thanks a bunch

May 8, 2009, 05:40 AM
    I would put the jumper in. it will work just like your old stat did if you wire it to aux. the probelm is if you do not put in the jumper. if you switch your stat to emergency for any reason with a wire not on the E terminal you will not get any heat.

Hey Josh, I have it installed and it worked like a charm. Thank you very much for your help. You're a genius man, and we need more people like you on the net to make other people life a lot easier.

Thanks again.
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2009, 05:51 AM

Hey, no problem, glad you got it working. Lots of time them t-stats can be confusing.

Jun 21, 2009, 07:18 AM
    Hey, no problem, glad you got it working. Lots of time them t-stats can be confusing.
    Hey Josh, I just ran into another problem, the heat work fine for a while, but when I switch over to A/C for the summer, I don't get any cool air but only hot air. Did I do something wrong?? Please let me know. Thanks
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2009, 08:21 AM

Do you have the orange wire on o? And did you set the cooling to energize the reversing valve. In the installer setup?

Jun 21, 2009, 04:52 PM
    Do you have the orange wire on o? And did you set the cooling to energize the reversing valve. In the installer setup?
    Yes, I have the orange wire on O/B . And the second question I don't understand. What do you mean my energize the reverse valve??

And I just switch it back to my old Bryant thermostat and it works fine. Something is wrong with the wiring. I can't figure out!!
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2009, 05:45 PM

Was there a section in you instulation manual that said installer setup?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help to replace thermostat Honeywell T841a for Hunter 44155c [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to replace my T841a 1712 Non-Programmable Heat Pump Universal Thermostat for a Hunter Model 44155C, but I can't make the new unit work.:confused: The Honeywell thermostat has the following connections: Color Cable Terminal Blue -----> X Red -----> W2 ...

Replace old Honeywell timer thermostat [ 19 Answers ]

I have 2 old Honeywell timer thermostats - on 2 floors - wired to my boiler (we have radiant water heating). Both function poorly and I would like to replace with standard round manual thermostats. Problem - I took one of the timer thermostats off the wall - it has 3 wires coming in - 2 black and...

Honeywell thermostat: Replace filter indicator [ 1 Answers ]

I lost my user manual and want to stop the "Filter" needed indicator on my Honeywell T8600D Chronotherm IV Deluxe Programmable Thermostat. The filter was recently changed, so a new one is not needed. How do I stop "Filter" from flashing? "HVAC1000" had earlier asked for the exact model number....

Replace lennox thermostat with new honeywell RTH7400 [ 1 Answers ]

My old thermostat is to be replaced by a newer honeywell programmable RTH7400. The wires on my Lennox are as follows: O,G,Y1,R,L,T- ( jumpered to C ),W1,E. The W1 wire is connected to the old thermostat. Pretty easy here, but the T is not used anymore and the Y1, W1 wires ire throwing me off?...

Replace new honeywell thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced an old 6 wired thermostat with an new honeywell RTh230B 5 wired old has o = orange r = red G1 = green Y = yellow W2 = whithe C = brown

View more questions Search