Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    siva1960 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2009, 08:05 PM
    Lizard control
    How do I control lizards in my office? It bites even paper, chair armrests, computer chords..
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2009, 08:12 PM

Wild lizards? Not a pet right? You can get rid of lizards by eliminating insect populations on which the lizards feed, or by trapping the lizard with glue traps... If it's a pet it should be kept in its cage.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 2, 2009, 08:33 PM
    Where is your office? Have you seen this particular lizard? In the Eastern US we don't encounter such beasts.
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

May 3, 2009, 11:43 AM
    Hmm... Is there something about people wanting to control lizards that I don't get. Lizards don't deserve to get trapped with glue boards. Why and how are they getting inside?

Lizards are generally beneficial because they eat insects. We usually shoo them out of our office more out of concern for the lizard than for any fear of the lizard. Sweep them, live, into a box and take them outside.

You control lizards IN your office, by keeping them OUT of your office. Install tight fitting window screens. Install door sweeps to keep them from coming under doors. Repair holes in walls, especially checking where pipes may be coming into your house. Keep the doors closed. (We often leave the doors open to cool down the office. Birds and lizards will sometimes sneak in. Lizards being lizards don't find their way out as well as the birds.)

An indirect method of lizard control is to spray the outside of your office to keep the insect populations down. The hope is that the lizards will move over to the neighbor's landscaping to look for food. I don't think that works that well and isn't necessary, if you've tightened up your office. Turn off the outside lights at night, or use bulbs that don't attract insects, to keep the bugs down that attract the lizards. Keep your outside landscaping tidy to reduce hiding places and habitat for bugs and lizards.

How to Get Rid of Lizards is a very good website on lizard control. I agree with the author about glue boards with roach smell. Don't use them. You can't hate lizards that much.
    Pamela Battle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2009, 06:48 PM

How do you get rid of lizards in the yard?
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

May 4, 2009, 08:23 AM
    Why do you want to control the lizards in your yard? Lizards are generally beneficial because they eat insects. They can eat good insects as well as bad.

Unless you have alligators or gila monsters or an extensive cactus garden (because they can eat cactus for water) there really isn't a reason to need to control them, if you can get over your fear of them.

The indirect method of control, where you control the insects in your yard is your primary option. Or a solid fence.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Green lizard control [ 1 Answers ]

My Mother's house is being taken over by green lizards. She lives adjacent to a wetland and up until the last year or two she has never been bothered by them. The pest control company she uses says they don't have a solution. Is there any spray or anything else that would help? She she at least...

Lizard control (Natural method) [ 1 Answers ]

How I should control lizard in my house by using simple natural method. With out harm pesticides.

Lizard birth [ 7 Answers ]

If you have raised kids (or been one), and gone through the pet syndrome, including toilet flush burials for dead goldfish, the story below will have you laughing out LOUD! Overview: I had to take my son's lizard to the vet. Here's what happened: Just after dinner one night, my son came up...

Lizard pest control [ 2 Answers ]

How to get rid of the lizards fast?

Lizard care [ 1 Answers ]

Can somebody help me with all the lizards care tips (brown anole lizard)

View more questions Search