Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2bawallaby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2009, 07:41 PM
    Bad debts in Budgeted Income Statements
    Hi there, I am doing a Budgeted Income Statement. If there is a percentage of credit sales that will not be received therefore bad debts, should this be shown. From my readings, I understand that this will decreased the projected funds coming into the business, so I assume that they would have to be calculated.

If it does, does it come off the Sales figure as in a cost of sales, which would thereby reduce the gross profit; OR
    Does it come off the operating expenses - I think no, however obviously could be wrong.

I would appreciate thoughts in relation to this.

Thanks
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2009, 03:31 AM

Provision for Bad Debts is not part
    Of the Trading Account.
    It is another operating expense , budgeted for in the Profit and Loss Account.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Income statements [ 4 Answers ]

The net income reported on the income statement for the current year was $250,000. Depreciation recorded on fixed assets and amortization of patents for the year were $40,000 and $9,000, respectively. Balances of current asset and current liability accounts at the end and at the beginning of the...

Cancelled Debts with earned income credit [ 1 Answers ]

I recently received a cancelled debt paper from a credit company that cancelled a debt. They did this on their own, I did not request it. I have a cancelled auto debt for 9061.00. I have three children and I qualify for the earned income tax credit. How will this cancelled debt affect my tax...

View more questions Search