Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

May 2, 2009, 05:57 PM
    For Clough
    I am out of work and I want to take this opportunity to get my education. In this day and time you need both parties working in the household to make it. Right now we are barely surviving on his pay alone. I am seeking an online degree from CTU, because I am so tired of the endless dead-end jobs that take me nowhere. I know with my degree I can get a decent paying job so I can better support my family. I want to be someone that is proud of their job. I want my son and my husband to be proud of me for bettering myself. . I also want to take some of the stress of my husband who has been supporting me for the last two years
    I used the internet to look up every possible choice. I found that CTU was the best choice for me. It is highly accredited and the admissions advisors are very helpful. I can look after my son and get a great education with CTU. It has been five years since finishing my online degree. My life has been wonderful and extremely fulfilling. I have rewarding job at a local doctor’s office. I am working on getting my Bachelor’s in Health Care Management and getting great grades. My husband and I own our own home now. We are so happy to have financial freedom and our privacy back.
    Five years ago, I was living with my parents; my husband was the only party bringing in money. I decided that I had to make a change, but I knew I needed to be home with my son also. I enrolled for classes at CTU online. It gave me the opportunity that a traditional college did not. It gave me the opportunity to learn and be there for my family. I was worried at first that I would not get back into the swing of things; other things that worried me were; that I am not smart enough, suffering from another stroke and losing the support from my family. I soon found that I was getting great grades. My family and friends supported me for the most part by watching my son while I studied or when I had to finish an important assignment. Some had worries that I would get stressed out or I would not have enough time for my family. I soon proved them wrong by handling all my responsibilities with no issues.
    I accomplished passing all my classes and receiving my degree which led me to getting an online job and later a job at a doctor’s office.
    The past five years has been a rollercoaster ride, but I would not change a thing. All the trials and tribulations have brought me to where I am today and the person that I have become. I am so proud of myself and so are my friends and family. I would not have it any other way.
    For my vision to become a reality I need to first finish my degree, get a decent paying job and get out of my parents house. To accomplish this I will work diligently. I know for starters I will not have to worry about child care when I get a job. I plan on working from home until my son goes to school full time. My husband’s check pays for all the bills, so I will save my money up for a house and to pursue my Bachelor’s. I need to make sure only necessary money is spent and save the rest.
    It is necessary to plan ahead for any technical issue that may come up while pursuing my degree online. The problems that I foresee are; my son getting a hold of my computer, my computer will crash from contracting a virus, or I could lose an important document.
    This is what I plan on doing to combat these issues, I will always put my computer out of my son’s reach, I will make sure my computer is equipped with the latest virus software, and to always back up my assignment on disk or send my documents in an email to myself
    The people in my support system play an important part of getting tasks done on time and to study. My husband is my rock, he watches Matthew while I attend my live chats and finish up assignments. Robin, Matthew’s godmother, takes him off my hands for a night so I have time to unwind. My mom sometimes plays with Matthew so I can take a much needed nap so I can function. Without them I would be a zombie or ready to tear my hair out. All these things are important for me to finish my degree and get that rewarding job that I want; which in turn will finally get me out of my parent’s house. If I did not have family and friends to help I know I would not be able to achieve my goals.
    My reward system is something I have had to put a lot of thought into. I will reward myself with sushi if I pass this class. Upon completing my next semester of classes I will reward myself with a spa day. To jump ahead some, when I graduate college I want to go to the beach for the weekend. When I get a job I want to reward myself with a car, it has been so long since I had a car of my own. To reward myself for getting my new home I want to buy a pool.
    The goal that I worry about the most at this time is finishing my Associate’s. My family and friends will all pitch in with anything I need from watching my child to critiquing a paper. I plan to make time for my family and friends by calling them on night when I cannot get out and making sure I set aside time a couple times a month to go visiting. At home I am always up early so I can complete all household chores, so it will not be a burden to my family to have to pick up my chores while I attend school. I plan on looking at my plan every couple of months to make sure I am following and stay on track. I feel this is important for me so I don’t lose sight of what is important.
    If I follow through with my plan I am sure I will have a happy and fulfilling life. My family is all the support I need to achieve my goals; they have always stood by me through thick and thin. I want the satisfaction of finishing school and achieving all my goals so I will not quit. My drive is my family being proud of me for finishing my degree and making my life more successful by getting a great job, moving out of my parents and to have the money to get my Bachelor’s degree, which in turn will get me an even better job.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 2, 2009, 06:00 PM

Hi, nitelight198073!

Just for clarification, is what you wrote above what you wanted me to look over and review?

Thanks!

May 2, 2009, 06:01 PM

Yeah... I am sorry slightly absent minded
    Uber Member

May 2, 2009, 06:07 PM

I did receive your private messages. You can correct the spelling of my name by going advanced. I would appreciate that. I can't do that in this forum topic area, because it's not one of the ones that I moderate.

What is this assignment for and what were the exact instructions that you were given to complete it, please?

Thanks!

May 2, 2009, 06:13 PM

Well is a combination of different mini assinments through out my classPersonal Action Plan Steps 5, 6 & 7: (complete final draft)

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How will you get there? What roadblocks will you need to overcome? Who will help and support you along your journey?

Throughout this course you have learned how to be a successful student. Successful students have a vision and a plan to reach their goals. For your final task, you will create a Personal Action Plan using what you have completed throughout this course. To complete this task, you will take Steps 1-4 from your previous submissions and add Steps 5, 6 & 7 to create one cohesive document. When it is finished, you can utilize it in future courses for a handy reference, and examine and update it throughout your program.

Steps already completed:

Step 1 - The Need or Desire for Change (P1DB)

Step 2 - Your Vision (P2IP)

Step 3 - Goal Setting (P2DB2)

Step 4 - Technology Plan (P2DB2)

Steps still needing to be completed:

Step 5 - Gathering Support

Examine each of the goals you listed in Step 3 (Goal Setting). Think creatively about how your family, friends, colleagues, and other individuals might help you accomplish each goal. Discuss possible support and strategies that will help you reach each goal.

For example, if childcare is a concern, list individuals who might be able to assist in watching your children. Can you count on them during certain times in exchange for you helping them at others? Can you work out a schedule with your partner, relatives, neighbors, etc. so that your children are cared for while you are able to attend class or have study time?

Step 6 – Rewarding Yourself

It is important to give yourself credit for your hard work. Come up with a system to reward yourself for successful progress toward achieving your short-term and long-term goals. Be specific; it is okay to have different rewards for different goals.

Step 7 - Finalizing Your Plan

Look at the goals and support options you discussed in Steps 3 and 5.
    Indicate and explain which goals and support you will pursue at this time. This is a good time to talk with your family and others with whom you live and work. Be certain to be clear about your needs.
    Going back to school will change your routine and your relationships. This does not have to be a negative change. Time spent in planning now can help you to avoid roadblocks to your future success.
    It is important to periodically review and revise your plan throughout your degree program. You can use it as a handy reference when needed.
    Discuss when you plan on reviewing your Personal Action Plan.
    When you have completed these steps, write a final paragraph that summarizes your thoughts and concludes your plan.

Please submit your assignment. (3-5 pages + title page).

May 2, 2009, 06:15 PM
    I hope this helps
    Uber Member

May 2, 2009, 06:19 PM

Okay, I think that I get what you're trying to do here. When is it due, please?

May 2, 2009, 06:20 PM

On the 11th
    Uber Member

May 2, 2009, 06:26 PM

So, we do have some time here. I'm having some difficulties at my home with my electricity and am living for the time being with friends. So, I'm not using my own computer. I also need to go soon in order to practice at the church where I just got the job as their organist/pianist.

Is what you wrote meant to be a response to all of the steps that you've outlined or just for some of them? If only for some of them, which ones, please?

Thanks!

May 2, 2009, 06:29 PM
    It was suppose to be all of them I have to ask my professor if it has to be in the order 1-7 because to me it doesn't flow well

May 2, 2009, 06:31 PM

I am sorry to hear about yout issue hopefully it is not too serious
    Uber Member

May 2, 2009, 06:35 PM

It's not that bad. At least I have friends that I can stay with.

May 2, 2009, 06:36 PM

I am glad to hear that
    Uber Member

May 2, 2009, 06:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nitelight198073 View Post
    It was suppose to be all of them i have to ask my professor if it has to be in the order 1-7 because to me it doesnt flow well
    One thing that we need to do is to separate the paragraphs so that things are easier to read. I would think that addressing each issue in order like you have written them and make corrections to make it the best that it can be.

Thanks!

May 2, 2009, 06:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    One thing that we need to do is to separate the paragraphs so that things are easier to read. I would think that addressing each issue in order like you have written them and make corrections to make it the best that it can be.

Thanks!
    good so it is useable... I am all right with a couple of paragraphs but when it turns into a couple of pages I am lost lol
    Uber Member

May 2, 2009, 06:43 PM

Is what is quoted below, the first thing that you were to address?

Step 1 - The Need or Desire for Change (P1DB)
    Thanks!

May 2, 2009, 06:50 PM

Yes
    Uber Member

May 2, 2009, 06:52 PM

Then, let's work on that first.

May 2, 2009, 06:54 PM

OK
    Uber Member

May 2, 2009, 06:57 PM
    Quoted below, is your first paragraph.

I am out of work and I want to take this opportunity to get my education. In this day and time you need both parties working in the household to make it. Right now we are barely surviving on his pay alone. I am seeking an online degree from CTU, because I am so tired of the endless dead-end jobs that take me nowhere. I know with my degree I can get a decent paying job so I can better support my family. I want to be someone that is proud of their job. I want my son and my husband to be proud of me for bettering myself. . I also want to take some of the stress of my husband who has been supporting me for the last two years
    Suggestion: I would suggest titleling it like this, My Need and Desire to Change. You will appear more organized that way.

I am working on a revision of your paragraph.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search