Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coolbrezzeb Posts: 74, Reputation: 1
    -

May 2, 2009, 04:06 PM
    Dating In the work place
    It's my first day starting my new job.and the woman that hired me is so sexy.she got a donk.and all I want to do is get closer to her.get to know her better.try to make us really cofrontable with each other. Until the point where we start to hang,chill with each other and date. I don't want to scare her off.and I don't want to come on to strong. I just want in the end to be more then just employee to employee.is this a bad idea to talk to a coworker?what can and should I do?
    lildevil1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

May 3, 2009, 12:08 AM

You should never date anyone whom you work with. Not only may it be against company policy, but if things go sour between you two it could get ugly and uncomfortable at work. I always think it is a bad idea to date someone I work with.
    Sphira Posts: 72, Reputation: 6

May 3, 2009, 01:24 AM
    OK like a wise soul once told me never fish in the company pool so do what I did every time you get one of those thoughts think about something else muffins was what I though of but it might not work with you
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2009, 02:24 AM

I agree with the others; BAD IDEA!

1. there might be company rules that frown upon it, (or banns it all together)

2. She is your boss. If you start dating your boss how will the other people you work with deal with that? I know that where I work a lot of people are friends, and when the friends of the boss gets leeway that other people don't get... people frown upon it. And for some people ANY leeway what so ever, is seen as a bad sign.

3. what if things goes sour between you? That is something that shouldn't be taken lightly. People differ greatly, some people can continue to work together, but others can't stand it and it can also affect the general environment at work.

My basic advice is; leave it be!!! So you think shes hot, well... we can't always have what we want. So go looking else were if you wanna date someone.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 3, 2009, 02:51 PM

It's a really bad idea to date a co-worker. Even worse, she's your superior. You need to find another job somewhere else before you get close to her.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2009, 05:24 PM

Bad idea, worst you will ever had, best bet, don't start that job and then you can date her if you want.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2009, 06:30 PM

Okay you might like her but who to say that she likes you back?

What will happen if you act on these intincts and then it blows up in your face?

Three words " don't do it".
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 4, 2009, 12:58 AM

I met my partner at out work.

We have been together over 3 years...

We made a point not to talk to each other at work so not to cause trouble.

We both got accused of talking to each other at work and not being productive.

So basically, no... it doesn't work unless one of you quits :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Practices at Work place [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to the office culture. I have a colleague "A", who informs be if he has to go out for 30-40 minutes during Non-lunch hours.He informed me as I was the only person at my desk and he had to leave as someone was waiting for him. Last week, I had some important unexpected work for...

Find place of work [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find someone's employer free of charge

Deformation of character at the work place [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Four of my coworkers have been accused of stealing Liquor by the AGM of the hotel because the liquor cost was too high. He blames our department with no proof to back it up and it has caused undue stress to all involved. We are in the process of talking to HR and filing a complaint of...

Work place theft [ 7 Answers ]

I am working with a clothing store and in high school, straight A student on honour roll no criminal record and have never been in trouble at school before, recently, my colleagues at work showed me how they make refunds at the till in their bank cards to get money, I was in a situation to help...

View more questions Search