Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yodragonlady4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2009, 03:05 PM
    Confused with legal terms
    I would like to know if someone like my son who has 5 points in the system may take an alfred plea or best interest plea on a theft 2 charge. Some evidence points his way and some not. He is being charged theft 2 for a part in some tires that were ordered by phone by someone else he was the person who picked them up. The signature on the receipt does not match his they have video of him being in the store at that time.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 2, 2009, 03:09 PM

You will have to tell us where you are at,

But a Alfred plea is merely a form of a guility plea, similar in many ways to a nolo plea. It still allows the charge to be used in future court cases and allows it to court on the three strike law.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal status (student visa) becoming legal resident? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am a legal resident green card holder and have been so for 28 years. I met someone and fell in love and got married. The problem is she is here on a student visa. I would like to know if it is possible for her to obtain legal obtain status. There are a few circumstances that I feel that may...

Landlord breaks terms of lease! Terms for early termination or lease? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, Myself and my roommates lease an apartment from our landlord. The building we live in is brand new and we are the first tenets to live in the apartment. There are two apartments in the second story. The landlord also has an office/bar/living area in the front of the building, also on the...

Legal terms defend against changes in signed contracts [ 2 Answers ]

What are the legal terms used when trying to defend against changes in a written contract

Confused about terms and conditions of probation [ 2 Answers ]

I get random drug tests for treatment in lieu of a conviction for prescription fraud. Yesterday I asked... could I have a drink of wine on occasion, if it there is no restriction of alcohol in my terms and conditions. I went for my random drug test and found out they test for ethanol... is that...

View more questions Search