Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fatmax3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2009, 02:49 PM
    Most quick way to tell when unit is fully charge
    how can I tell how much freon I need to add to an existing unit, without using a scale or sight glass
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 2, 2009, 03:31 PM

When the unit explodes then you know you've added too much. Why would you even guess about adding the correct amount of refrigerant without using the proper gauges?? This is highly dangerous to attempt otherwise. Don't do it.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2009, 03:55 PM

Well you can use the feel method, big copper line beer can cold and sweeting, and the air out of the top good and warm. Second you can stick t thermometer in the supply right above the coil and see if you are getting about 40 to 44 degrees. 3rd put a amp meter on the power wire and see if it pulling the correct amps as stated on the tag. But the only real way to tell for sure is with the proper gages and a thermometer
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2009, 09:29 PM
    Use the charging chart on the inside door of the system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the most quick way to get rid of a timeshare? [ 6 Answers ]

A close friend has been trying so hard to get out of his timeshare. I promised him I would use my inner computer-geek skills to work. What can he do to get rid of his timeshare?

How to charge a fresh unit [ 5 Answers ]

I have a heil central ac, and I would like to know how do you charge the high side and the low side its capacity is 34 ounces

Most quick way to get rid of a hickey? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, so lastnight my boyfriend came over and we laid in bed for a little while. After about an hour things kind of got a little heated. He started sucking on my neck and breasts and all above them. My mother and step-dad came home, so he had to stop. We laid in my bed and pretended to be asleep...

Most quick way to get divorce in Texas [ 1 Answers ]

How can someone get a divorce quick and without going to court?

Most quick way to find out? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi what's the Most quick way to find out if you are pregnant? Meaning do u actually have to wwait that whole month or can u find out within a couple weeks?:confused:

View more questions Search