Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heather72384 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2006, 01:39 PM
    1990 Infiniti has no A/C
    I have a 1990 infiniti and I can't get the a/c to work! I replaced the whole electrical unit and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions on what might be the problem?
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Sep 22, 2006, 02:26 PM
    Have you checked to make sure that the system has an adequate freon charge? If it does, you will probably have to get a shop manual and follow the prescribed trouble shooting sequence or take it to a shop. On some cars the computer controls the power to the AC.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2006, 06:54 PM
    If it is low on refrigerant it could be out on the low pressure switch. You could try bypassing that switch momentary and see if the compressor kicks in.Like Dr D said it could be many things. There is a sequnce to troubleshooting that can be over the head of diys

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1990 Honda Accord [ 14 Answers ]

I have a 1990 Honda Accord, was running fine. Started it up backed out of driveway and the car stopped. Cranks, won't start. Getting fuel, timing belt is fine, and I have no spark. Changed the distributor cap modular, still no spark. Any suggestions?

1990 Honda Civic DX [ 3 Answers ]

Here is my problem: My engine starts and idles fine. Under acceleration it accelerates up to about 2500 rpm, then the ignition cuts off. When you shift gears you can run it back up to about 2500 rpm again, then it cuts out again. This occurs through all the gears. The check engine light stays on...

1990 Civic won't start [ 35 Answers ]

I have a 1990 Honda Civic that stopped working out of the blue... Symptoms: - engine turns/cranks - engine will not turn over/fire Checks and changes: - changed spark plugs - changed rotar and dist. cap - changed air filter

View more questions Search