Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mortonc57 Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

May 2, 2009, 01:45 PM
    Girls, would you date a guy with a playboy bunny tattoo ?
    I'm a guy with a fairly large playboy bunny tattoo on my biceps. It's visible in my short sleeves, and a lot of girls I've met won't give me the time of day when they see it; they think it's girly.

I got the tattoo for a previous girlfriend who was into playboy bunny stuff (bags, clothes) and I half-jokingly said I'd get a playboy bunny tattoo on our anniversary, and she thought it would be awesome. So a month later I got it and we broke up shortly thereafter; she thought it was a stupid thing to do and that she wasn't serious about it, and that it look playa-ish.

I'm not a player, and I'd like to get back into the dating world, but have to overcome the first impressions when I meet somebody new.
    Krazi Posts: 358, Reputation: 70

May 2, 2009, 04:19 PM

You broke rule #2- never get a tat to please a girl.

Rule #1 is - never get a girlfriend/wife/significant other name on you.

Well the tat little wacked... sorry.
    Your artist/you should have kept to the original look then add to it.
    Example:

But if the young lady passes you up because of your tat then that's her problem not yours.
    You might want to get a cover up since you got it based on an ex "so called" suggestion.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 2, 2009, 04:28 PM

I agree with Krazi. A tattoo is a personal thing, it should never be done to please someone else, it's permanent, unless you want to go through laser treatment which will still leave a scar and cost thousands of dollars.

I'd get a touch up, make it look less girlie, see if they can put some black on top of the pink to man it up a bit.

I have a tattoo on my ankle, it took me months to decide what I wanted.

May 2, 2009, 04:54 PM

Here is a boyish look...
    Cover-up example #1

XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

May 2, 2009, 04:57 PM

It does look a little girly. You shouldn't have gotten a red one. I agree with altenweg get a color over it.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2009, 05:19 PM

If you had some Nazi things on you I would back off.
    Bunny is just a matter of choice.
    It signifies nothing.
    Mary99 Posts: 26, Reputation: 8

May 2, 2009, 05:23 PM

Just get a different tattoo done overtop of it :)
    Pets Expert

May 2, 2009, 05:56 PM

A good tattoo artist will be able to cover it up if the ink isn't too deep. It really depends on the bunny right now, not on the new artist and their skills.

It would probably be easiest to just darken it up, but I'm not a tat expert. Go to a reputable tattoo artist, see what they can do, that's your best bet.

I don't have a problem with the bunny, it's the fact that it's a pink bunny on a guy that's a bit funny looking.

But, having said that. If somebody disses you because of your tat, then they aren't worth it anyway. It's an expression, it has nothing to do with who you are, so if they can't see beyond it then they're a waste of time anyway. That's my opinion.
    Pets Expert

May 2, 2009, 06:12 PM

artlady agrees: Yeah biy you know KKK on your forehead might turn some people off:)
    LMAO! Yes Artsy, there are some things that are taboo no matter what! ;)

This is my tat. Keep in mind that I took the picture myself which wasn't easy seeing as it's on my ankle. In others words, the picture is of really poor quality.

Name:  Oreo and Kilala 032.jpg
Views: 4629
Size:  5.6 KB

The two hearts have my parents initials in it. I got the tat done the day before my mothers funeral but I had started planning it right after my dad died 6 months earlier.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2009, 06:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mortonc57 View Post
    I'm a guy with a fairly large playboy bunny tattoo on my bicep. It's visible in my short sleeves, and alot of girls I've met won't give me the time of day when they see it; they think it's girly.

I got the tattoo for a previous girlfriend who was into playboy bunny stuff (bags, clothes) and I half-jokingly said I'd get a playboy bunny tattoo on our anniversary, and she thought it would be awesome. So a month later I got it and we broke up shortly thereafter; she thought it was a stupid thing to do and that she wasn't serious about it, and that it look playa-ish.

I'm not a player, and I'd like to get back into the dating world, but have to overcome the first impressions when I meet somebody new.
    Well it is girlie but I love pink so I think its kind of cute I would date you
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2009, 06:49 PM

I like krazi's idea with the black and blue.Looks more masculine.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

May 2, 2009, 06:54 PM

Maybe you can make the bunny look crazy. Like give him shark teeth and a swirly eye like an alice in wonderland type of thing.

May 2, 2009, 07:40 PM

Get bun bun the rabbit, he totes a knife.

This is my favorite pic of him... just ignore the text, it was for another site.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2009, 03:09 AM

Personally, I don't think its too girly, and if I'm going to be quite frank; I do think it's a bit tacky. For me I guess it would depend on you and the first impression you give of, but I would most likely think it was tacky and back away... also I must admit I am a little judgmental at times against people and what kind of presentation they make of themselves; a playboy bunny signifies and is a symbol of a culture and a type of girls I do not identify with... I've always found the whole playboy thing to be a silly silly thing where girls have to be gorgeous, blond, and big titted. Always on, always ready. A fantasy... often one you can't touch or reach. While the guys can be who ever. Of course people can do as they please, if you like it: hey you like it. But I personally don't. (sorry if this was a bit too honest or if it comes a corss as a feminist march against that stuff ;) it isn't really meant as something like that.)

But yeah, those tatt rules, are there for a reason. I like to think of it like this; a tatt is permanent... why ink something that isn't? (gf/bf name, suggestions etc.) LOL I have my own name tattooed, along with a drawing I made of myself as a superhero. (LOL I'm a bit pretentious)

What you can do, is what both liz and mary suggested; to cover it with something else... if the ink is too deep, you might also consider building and adding to it. i.e. you can pic out something more manly, more you and something you'll be comfortable with. Things to consider:

1. are you the type of person, have the type of personality look that can handle it?

If I were you I would go to a tatt shop with a good rep and have them look at it and if you have some ideas you can tell them what they are and they can advice you on it. Also if you want to add/build on it, if you have a general idea of what you want to do... then the people who works at tatt shops are often very artistic/creative people and they might be able to help you with some concrete ideas.

Best of luck :)
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2009, 06:35 AM

I went out with a guy who had a lotus flower tat on his arm... he had a great story to go with it,it was really girly,but he pulled it off because he was so confident in himself..
    Your bunny would not put me off..
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2009, 03:55 PM

I once dated a guy with a butterfly tattoo on his arm. I thought that was girlee. However, I still dated him because he was tons of fun and as long as he kept the tattoo covered up.

Maybe you need to start finding someone that is into you to but you can always change the color. I think that would be best and less costly. But please find another tattoo artist because I am not a fan of whoever did yours. I think they should have put a little more into the artwork.

Btw, let this be a lesson learned. No more tattoos unless you get one for you not a girl. A tattoo is permanent and lasts a lifetime but with a girl there are no guarantees. I just glad you didn't get her name.

And Krazi I just added another z to your so now your name is spelled like this "Krazzi". I loved your first idea but the 2nd one was really scary. I mean really scary.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 3, 2009, 04:19 PM

Am I missing something? Wouldn't it be easier to get it removed? If you want something else, get it on another part of your body.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2009, 06:20 PM

I think getting it removed might be more costly.

Also, another idea might be getting something funny written under it. That would be different.

May 3, 2009, 08:43 PM

Here is a few of my tats...
    Attached Images

May 3, 2009, 08:44 PM

Well that's all I have that I'm allowed to show...
    The other one is "xxxxx"

Lol
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Playboy Argument ! [ 14 Answers ]

Can you please help solve an argument between me and my ten year old daughter ? Is she too young to have a Playboy bedroom? As I told her I would revamp her room she has chosen Playboy ! I think it far too old - she shares a room with her 6 year old sister too ! Problem is as her argument goes...

Playboy Magazines [ 2 Answers ]

What are the values of the playboy magazines that have Anna Nicole Smith's picture on them? Buddy896

How to date with girls [ 1 Answers ]

Hey all Hi I'm deepu,I'm having so many girlfriends but don't know how to ask them for dating.any one of you tell me how to ask them for date.also how to decide a girls character Think that's da hardest situation for everyone We can't understand them

Playboy wallpaper [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I buy playboy wallpaper for my bedroom

Confused,lost,heartbroken.is he a playboy and what should I do? [ 1 Answers ]

So.. I need help about this story. There is a guy I like.. I'm 14 yrs old and he s 17.He used to flirt with me... we used to fight because I went out with my group to the beach and I hated it because he's not my boyfriend.He's cute and he seems really a good person but yesterday I was hanging out...

View more questions Search