Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snorkel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2006, 01:38 PM
    One thermostat for separate Heat and A/C systems
    Hi. I have a mobile home with a forced air natural gas furnace and a totally separate single package air conditioner unit with its own fan/compressor/condenser. The systems share nothing execpt the duct work and each have their own thermostats.

Question - Can I buy a single heat/cool thermostat and use it to control the two systems.

Thanks!!
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Sep 22, 2006, 03:26 PM
    Yes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat compatibility with heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Goodman heat pump--CPLE24-1-- 2 ton -and need to replace the thermostat-what do I need to know when purchasing a new one?

Heat Will No Longer Respond To Thermostat! [ 5 Answers ]

Well, we moved into this mobile home about 3 weeks ago. We have our a/c and oil heat connected to one thermostat. It was all working fine up until a few days ago. All of a sudden, the heat would not shut off at all. Eventually it got up to 90 degrees in here and I just opened the door to the...

Have to trip thermostat switch to kick heat on [ 1 Answers ]

Sometimes (its happened three times, twice in last month) the heater is not kicking on. After we trip the fan-auto switch back and forth the heat will come on. It is an janitron thermostat-not digital--more than 6 years old. Gas furnace, also probably more than 6 years old. Could this be a...

Thermostat on Heat and Auto fan but fan is not on [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, This just started happening. I have a dual zone thermostat. The thermostat downstairs seems to turn on. I set the desired temp at 72 but it does not get any warmer then 67. The thermostat upstairs... I set it on auto but the fan does not run. If I set it on Fan, cold air blows out. ...

Changing Heat pump Thermostat. [ 2 Answers ]

Currently have a Honeywell T841A1712 Multi-Stage Heat pump thermostat. I am changing to a Honeywell RTH7500D. All is good except that the manual states "If the old thermostat had wires on W1, Y1, and W2, some modification is required. Call your loca heating and cooling contractor for...

View more questions Search