Ask
    leonore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2009, 08:48 AM
    Pest control
    My house got fleas all over what can I do
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 2, 2009, 04:45 PM
    Getting rid of fleas is pretty complicated, because during their life cycle, the flea is naturally protected. The eggs have a coating like a shell, but they are easily vaccumed up; the larvae cling to carpet fibres but eat dirt and are exposed to pesticide; the pupae have a cocoon like covering that is stuck to the fibres but are immobile; and the adults are again exposed to pesticide but do not eat anything but the blood they need to lay eggs. All of that means you need to do at least three things: Get rid of the eggs and the food for the larvae by vaccuming (a LOT); use some pesticide on the larvae and adults; and make sure pets/animals are treated to deny the fleas blood.

To make it easier to follow:

1) get the pets treated... flea shampoo, groomer, vet (pick one)

2) Vacuum the carpets and launder the bedding (yours and the animals')

3) Apply pesticide... carpet powder, foggers, exterminator (pick one)

4) Vacuum the carpets every day (twice is better). The carpet powder will kill any fleas you vacuum into the bag, so use it whenever you change bags.

5) This should get rid of them in about three weeks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pest control [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get rid of ground wasps?

Pest control [ 5 Answers ]

Chipmunks have destroyed the wiring in my heating and air. How do I protect my heating and air, how do I keep them out of my crawlspace, how do I keep them off my property. Thanks

Pest control [ 2 Answers ]

Soo my husband and I bought a house 2months ago. With all the fees that were paid, part of it was to pay for termite spraying. We closed the deal on the house in March so far we STILL have not had anything done. The company is a mom and pop that was hired by the sellers to spray. They have...

Pest Control [ 3 Answers ]

In your opinion, what are some of the best pest control on the market. I thought of putting something all around the house on the outside. I have problems with ants (large and small), centipedes, spiders, and other insects. I wanted something simple and effective. It can but don't have to be...

View more questions Search