Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annastar12 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2009, 07:54 AM
    age gap
    hey my name is anna :) I am new to this site. Anyway I am 18 years old an I am going out with someone who is 32 anyway he is the best person that has happened to me I have been with himoer a year now and I just can't bring myself to tell my parents you have any ideas ow I can? x:confused:
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 2, 2009, 08:21 AM
    PROCEED WITH CAUTION

You are legally allowed to be together, but take it slow. He's much older and has much more experience than you. Don't let him pressure you to do anything that you are uncomfortable with.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2009, 08:32 AM

All you can do is suss it out.
    You must know how they feel about you dating,so,slowly introduce the topic of your boyfriend,he's someone you like,if you get along with your mother,you could start by asking her about how she met your father,was it romantic,etc.then say there is someone you like,his name is,etc... the only thing is they will more then likely want to meet him.. check him out so to speck!.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2009, 03:22 AM

Like I wish said; I would also preseed with caution. He is 14 years older then you. That is 14 years with more living, more experience and so on. Also the age difference is so great that I understand if your parents get skeptical. I must admit I am a bit tempted to say something more on the age difference, but I'm going to let it be.

But redheads advice is good! If you are close to your mom it is a good idea, to kind of ease it in there... to talk about him with her and tell her about him. That way she might have a good first impression when/if she meets him.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2009, 06:44 PM

Lets face it, your parent might or might not be against you dating this guy because of his age.

However, you're an adult and hopefully they raised you with enough common sense to make the right choices.

Also, life is about living and learning from your own mistakes. So I hope your doing the right thing and I hope he is treating you well.

May 4, 2009, 03:50 AM

Thanks everyone for your responses x

May 4, 2009, 03:52 AM
    Children relationships
    Hello I have a boyfriend but he has a child with his ex girlfriend but he doesn't want to see the child or ever talks about his child he hasn't seen his child for over a year do you no why this may be ?:confused:
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

May 4, 2009, 04:47 AM

Maybe worthless father?? I mean lets be seriouds any real father would push about seeing their child, talk to his ex to try to see how the child is doing something... Even if they broke up on bad term or had other problems he should not make his child suffer.. or it may be another issue what do you think you live with him could it be he was abusive sexually or physically any of those things it could be a number of issues just ask if you want to know...

May 4, 2009, 04:49 AM

Hey mom hey dad I got a new boyfriend he is mature he is 32 I really don't think they will care as long as you are happy as you say you are age is only an number

May 4, 2009, 05:03 AM

I've asked him but he says his ex woudnt let him be a dad so why should he bother now? And that every time she gets a new boyfriend the child calls them dad

May 4, 2009, 05:04 AM

OK then

May 4, 2009, 06:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by annastar12 View Post
    ive asked him but he says his ex woudnt let him be a dad so why should he bother now? and that everytime she gets a new bf the child calls them dad
    Honey that is a cop-out he is a father and that is that does he pay child support, he has rights whether he takes those rights is up to him... I responded to another post we are talking about same guy... hmmm I don't see him as being that great when he is not stepping up for his child

May 4, 2009, 09:24 AM

No he did actually pay for child support money but his ex told him to stop paying it as she doesn't want notthing to do with him or the baby and he use to do everything for the child but now she says go away to him and tells the child he isn't her dad
    daddysgirl86 Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

May 4, 2009, 10:00 AM
    Did they got to court for child support?
    Did the Ex- serve him papers?
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 11:08 AM

If he strongly felt he might not be the dad then he should've address this issue a long time ago.

If he really wanted to be a dad then he would be on. Nobody couldn't take me out of my kids life while I am still walking this earth. My daughter's father always told me that. He goes to court and file for visitation rights to ensure he's going see his child.

At no time should he ever stop paying child support because his child's mother told him not to. I bet you somewhere down the line she'll take him to court for not paying it then he would have to pay it all back and risk getting in trouble. I bet she would even deny she told him such a thing.

You should want more out of a man.

May 4, 2009, 12:04 PM

No he does pay she just won't take it off him so it not his fault and he doesn't deny it isn't his child he just can't botherd anymore because he's tried as hard as he can

May 4, 2009, 12:06 PM
    My man is the best man I could ever want he been there for me wenever I need him he cares about everyone there is notthing wrong with him and he finished his ex because she cheated and I'm and treated him like crap
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 12:14 PM
    He has rights to visitation of the child that can be enforced by the courts. If he is not enforcing those rights (that have absolutely NOTHING to do with the mother) then he is nothing more then a dead beat and you should expect nothing more from him, should you turn up pregnant.

BTW, being a deadbeat, DOES NOT make him the best man ever. There is no excuse for not taking care of your obligations.

May 4, 2009, 12:28 PM

Not being funny but no one understands what am saying I'm saying he has tried everything notthing works and this is what he gets called

None of use understand at all he has tried everything notthing works and this is what he gets called. AND HE IS THE BEST MAN least he tries
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 12:34 PM

He takes his ex back to court to see his child. That isn't hard.

First you say, "he is the best man", than you say, "well at least he tries to be". Which one is it because I don't think he is being all he can be to hiw child. I guess it is easier to give up then to fight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search