evilchino41 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2009, 07:43 AM
    How do I find my subnet mask
    ?
    Krazi Posts: 358, Reputation: 70

May 2, 2009, 07:50 AM

Understanding Subnet Mask

How to Find Out Your Subnet Mask?
    In a network environment where all the network devices are physically connected with each other and the ip settings including the subnet masks of all the devices have been configured. To view that what is my subnet mask you have to execute the following commands on the command line interfaces of different Operating System:

•ipconfig
    This is the DOS command that executes the ip address and subnet mask of your computer that used any version of Microsoft Windows Operating System such as Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
    •Ipconfig/all
    This is the DOS command that executes the list of the ip address and subnet masks including some other network relating information of your Windows based computer.
    •ifconfig
    This is the case-sensitive Shell command that executes all the ip configurations including subnet mask of your Linux computer.
    •Show ip
    This is the command used to view the ip configuration settings including the ip address and subnet mask of the Cisco Catalyst 1900 Switch.
    •Show ip interfaces
    This is the command used for viewing the ip addresses and subnet masks along with other interface configurations of the existing interface in the Cisco Catalyst 2950 Switch and most of the routers such as Cisco 2500 Router and Cisco 2600 Router.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Subnet masking [ 2 Answers ]

The address 172.16.208.16/20 which subnet

Ip subnet [ 2 Answers ]

My IP is 10.66.0.0 Subnet mask 255.255.0.0... what is my subnet? Is it 10.66.0.0/16 ?

Subnet Mask and Gateway [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find out my subnet mask and gateway? I am try to connect my wireless router.

How do I find my subnet mask? [ 9 Answers ]

How do I find my subnet mask? How do I find my Gateway (router) address? How do I find my DNS (name server) address?

Subnetting and Subnet Ranges [ 2 Answers ]

I would like someone to explain to me in simplest terms how to subnet and find subnet ranges. Thanks.:)

View more questions Search