Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tassan Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2009, 11:00 PM
    Homosexuality in animals? What does islam say?
    Aslamu-Alaykum

Recently I have been engaged in a discussion about homosexutlity which a catholic who is against islam when it comes about homosexuality and at some extant I proved to her that its wrong and "Unatural" but at the last point she comes out with links which prove animals have homosexuality as well which proves that its "natural" so I am really confused and have to clue please help me...

Here are the links...

List of animals displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Homosexual Animals Out of the Closet | LiveScience
    Homosexual Activity Among Animals Stirs Debate

I am 17 by the way, thanks in advance.

Waiting for your answers.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 11:17 PM

Whether homosexuality is natural has nothing to do with religion. The FACT is that some animals do display homosexuality. Whether it's wrong is your opinion. Some people, probably many, base their opinion on their religious beliefs. So, if you or whoever you're debating feel it's wrong, that's your opinion. It's not something you can "prove"

May 2, 2009, 05:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    whether or not homosexuality is natural has nothing to do with religion. the FACT is that some animals do display homosexuality. whether or not it's wrong is your personal opinion. some people, probably many, base their opinion on their religious beliefs. so, if you or whoever you're debating feel it's wrong, that's your opinion. it's not something you can "prove"

Uh it is a thing of religion because in Islam its prohibited. Because Anal sex is not allowed in Quran there is example of people of Prophet loot whose people used to engage in homo sex.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 2, 2009, 08:20 AM

No, no the person may claim they are catholic but catholics teach that homosexual behavior is not natural and that it is wrong.

I am not sure why they were trying to prove anything, since the catholic view point and Islamic view point on homosexual behavior is the same.

May 2, 2009, 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    No, no the person may claim they are catholic but catholics teach that homosexual behavior is not natural and that it is wrong.

I am not sure why they were trying to prove anything, since the catholic view point and Islamic view point on homosexual behavior is the same.
    The problem right now is not that why she is in favour of Homosexuality but the real question is WHAT I DO FROM THIS STEP?
    Expert

May 2, 2009, 09:24 AM

Igore them, people who believe homosexual behavior is correct do so normally because of liberal beliefs and want to try to justify their human lusts and desires.
    Some go as far as to rewrite means and interpertations of their religious teachings and often form new sects or groups

But all groups, even Islam has those that pervert their teachings for their own desires

Dhimmi Watch: Homosexual Muslims wage "a jihad for love"

Muslim and Homosexual
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 2, 2009, 02:32 PM

I don't have time to read the links but from what 'experts' have told me when a dog 'humps' anything it is not always about sexuality but to show dominance.
    Expert

May 2, 2009, 03:02 PM

But there is nothing to be confused about, In all of the major faiths, Islam, christianity, and the Jewish faith, homosexual activity is not an accepted behavior. In each there are splinter groups that find ways to accept things.

May 3, 2009, 01:34 AM
    Access denied :confused:

That links is way too old, along with that it has nothing much important, what you want to say by that link?

See I do NOT want to get into another discussion as I said, my SIMPLE question is why animals have homosexual behavior since its UNNATURAL or wrong or its not given to them BY ALLAH I mean animals do not have brain they do not have will they have no choice to choose yes they have but the thing that humans have is not present in animals so why the hell animals act homosexually?
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 03:04 PM

Can you please try re-writing your question? Because all I can get out of it is that your religion (as well as many others) dictate that homosexuality is wrong and that animals don't have brains..

May 5, 2009, 03:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    can you please try re-writing your question?? because all i can get out of it is that your religion (as well as many others) dictate that homosexuality is wrong and that animals don't have brains...?

Er... I can't edit my post hope you dun want me to post whole question again :eek:

But to highlight the question(s)...

Q1:Animals have homosexuality as well so if Islam says that homosexuality as a choice then how do animals choose to be homosexuals?

Q2:What I should tell the catholic girl to prove to her homosexuality is wrong after she gave me above links mentioning my first question
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2009, 11:13 AM

Animals don't choose to be homosexual. Some of them naturally behave that way. It's their natural instinct, regardless of what any religion, islam, catholicism, etc, says that is their natural instinct.
    As for what to tell the catholic girl to prove her wrong, there is nothing you can say because you can't "prove" that is is wrong. She believes that it is not wrong. You believe that it is. You are both entitled to your own beliefs. Just because she is catholic doesn't necessarily mean that she believes everything the catholic church teaches. This seems to be an issue she disagrees with the church on.
    havaluk Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2009, 07:16 PM
    Hi

That's what I would tell Your friend:

Animals also kill their own babies and each other in struggles about superiority/territory/mating.

Does that make it an acceptable behavior for humans? No!

We are not following animals, we are created differently, as we are supposed to distinguish right from wrong and restrain ourselves from behavior patterns that are not beneficial for our species/for humanity.

Homosexuality can not be considered beneficial as it prevents procrastination of the human race. Show her some statistics about the West, where nowadays the average number of children per couple is 1-1.5. Which means they are not even maintaining their number. Speak about the social and economical consequences of these numbers...
    Another problem are same sex partnerships that race to adopt children - there is a huge trade of so called orphans going on in this world...
    What I mean is, that there are lot of examples, You can use to show her.
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2009, 10:15 PM

Wow. Not beneficial as it prevents procrastination? I hope you meant procreation. Have you looked around lately? Have you noticed how many areas are overpopulated? We're trying to cram people in. our schools especially are overcrowded. And what is wrong with homosexuals adopting children. The fact is, again facts not opinions or religion, there are plenty of children that need a stable home. A homosexual couple that is stable, both emotionally and financially is much better for a child then an orphanage or being with a straight couple that is neglectful or abusive.
    If you're against homosexuality that's one thing but at least find a reasonable argument...
    havaluk Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2009, 07:36 PM

Sorry, of course I meant procreation!

As far as I can tell from the original question, it is about Religion (Islam and Christianity / Catholicism) and I answered from this pov.
    I do not believe in overpopulation...
    Dare81 Posts: 264, Reputation: 44

May 25, 2009, 02:55 AM
    igore them, people who beleive homosexual behavior is correct do so normally because of liberal beliefs and want to try to justify thier human lusts and desires.
    Some go as far as to rewrite means and interpertations of thier religious teachings and often form new sects or groups

But all groups, even Islam has those that pervert thier teachings for their own desires

Dhimmi Watch: Homosexual Muslims wage "a jihad for love"

Muslim and Homosexual
    This is news to me that most homosexual are liberals, and most of them just do it to justify their lust and desires.I should start burning all the science books I have been reading
    Expert

May 25, 2009, 07:30 AM

The simple fact is that homosexual behavior is against all moral christian, jewish and Islamic teachings. The fact that people wish to fall back to some animal desires of sex is not surprising at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The Bible and Homosexuality [ 97 Answers ]

I'm interested in a discussion (a calm one) about the Bible and homosexuality. Not whether the condition/preference/whatever is inborn or chosen, but what the Bible says about it. I have read with great interest - creative and maybe accurate comments - about deconstructing Paul's words on the...

Is Homosexuality Wrong? [ 372 Answers ]

Without using religion, citing scripture, or bringing god into the equation, please explain why you believe that homosexuality is wrong, why gays should not have the right to marry, and what kind of impact you feel homosexuality has on society.

Cause of Homosexuality [ 28 Answers ]

Has anyone actually discovered what causes people to be born homosexual ? Is it genetic, a fault in the DNA, what? Is there a cure ?

Topics in homosexuality [ 4 Answers ]

Why do the administrators of AskMeHelpDesk close threads when good conversation is taking place? Recently I was involved in a conversation that was closed because it was "off topic." The original poster asked about the differences between gay and straight people as they pertain to the judgement...

Topic in Homosexuality [ 14 Answers ]

Apparently AMHD can't take criticism either, given the rapid removal of my previous post. Once again, I'd like to express sadness that topics pertinent to a question cannot be discussed if they are deemed too controversial.

View more questions Search