Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajcabarcas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2009, 08:06 PM
    My husband wants to adopt my daughter
    My daughter is 5 and my husband has been her father since she was 2. her real father is on the run from the law and hasn't seen her in a couple of years. He is on the birth certificate but does not pay child support or has no part of her life. How do my husband and I go about him adopting her?Keep in mind we don't have a lot of money. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 1, 2009, 08:26 PM

I am glad you have a husband that cares so much. A lot will depend on where you are at and if in the US, the state law. Since he is on the run, I doubt you can get him legally served, but an attempt to locate him has to happen, and then most likely service though legal publication.

In many states long term prison and illegal activity may ( not alway) allow rights to be taken away. So this will require an attorney, and will not be cheap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband wants to adopt my daughter. In VA [ 1 Answers ]

My husband wants to adopt my daughter, he has been her father almost all her life. Her biological father has never been around and never signed the birth certificate. I am trying to find the steps to take to get her adopted, I will not change my last name until the adoption is final. (she has...

Could my husband still adopt my daughter [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my daughter has not seen her dad since she was 2. she is now nearly 7 he has parental rights as we were married but I don't know if he is my daughters dad as we split up and I went back to an ex I am now married and my husband has been bringing up my daughter since she was 2 she calls him daddy...

Can my husband adopt my daughter? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband has wanted to adopt my daughter (who's 12) for some time now. Her bio father left when she was 5months old and did not pay any contributions for her care. He has had no contact with her since she was 2 ( we live in a different country now). How do I go about finding him and making the...

Ex-husband!Can he adopt my daughter [ 2 Answers ]

I had my daughter in 1997 and became involved with my high school sweatheart again after having her which we started talking again when she was a couple months old. We then moved in together and got married in 2000 we got divorced in 2001 he is still a part of my daughters life and she believes he...

How can my husband adopt my daughter? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband would like to adopt my daughter.She just turned 2 this Nov. but my husband was there for me through my pregnancy and her birth.He has raised her ever since.There is no father listed on the birth certificate but I think I know who the real father is.He is convicted of sexual assault of a...

View more questions Search