Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 02:14 PM
    Hypothetical; about timing on a Chevy K1500
    Two people are currently arguing about this. One is saying with the timing retarded by 8 degrees, you'll have a runability problem at any speed; the other is saying that you won't notice the issue when driving in town(25-30mph) but will notice it when trying to travel at highway speeds(55-70mph) and that there will be a loss of power.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 1, 2009, 02:43 PM

Personally, I feel the higher the speed the more timing needs to be advanced.
    Retarded sounds like a tractor.
    That's my opinion, I'm sure I will hear feedback, that fine, love to learn.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fuel Gauge 1997 Chevy K1500 Silverado [ 4 Answers ]

Fuel Gauge 1997 chevy truck k1500 does not working corrrectly. The complete assembly was replaced in the tank (other reasons) and the fuel gauge still reads incorrectly.

Commercial Law - Hypothetical Situation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm currently majoring a double degree being commercial law/banking and finance. I'm only asking for suggestions and advice. The following hypothetical situation relates closely to Donoghue v Stevenson. Lim, a mild mannered commercial law student, buys from FLG Chicken Bar Pty Ltd. On his...

1996 chevy timing [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1996 chevy with the 4.3L vortec engine and I believe that the timing has jumped. Is there a way that I can manually reset the timing myself instead of putting it in the repair shop?

1978 Chevy pickup ignition timing [ 2 Answers ]

What is the recommended ignition timing for a 1978 Chevy pickup w/a 350 motor?

'90 Chevy 1/2 Ton Timing Adjustment [ 1 Answers ]

What is the correct degree for the timing on a 1990 Chevy K-Series 1/2ton p/u with 5.7L (4WD, automatic) and is there anything special I should know about setting this? How do I stop the advance to set the timing? Thanks.

View more questions Search