Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jorlano Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2003, 07:54 AM
    XP hangs at the startup logo
    When I open my computer-(Athlon AMDXP2000)-Motherboard ECSK7S5PRO-Memory 256-DDR-PC333-Optical Mouse Keyboard PSII) XP hangs at the startup logo and will not move beyond that. There is no message or blue, black screen- just the Logo staring me in the face. Can anyone suggest anything at all, please-Thank you very much.?
    scud Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2003, 06:23 PM
    Re: XP hangs at the startup logo
    Hi jorlano,

If your Windows XP is hanging then the best thing to do is see if you can boot it into safe mode. This can be done a few ways:

1) When your computer "hangs" like it is, if you push the reboot button you should be prompted with a start menu. Chose "safe mode" from this menu and see whether or not the computer boots.

2) When the computer is booting up (just before and during the windows logo) try pushing f8 or or some of the other f keys. This should boot give you the same menu to choose safe mode from.

Once in safe mode you can either run a system restore or look in your device manager to see if you can figure out if there are any obvious conflicts. Also if you tell us what the last changes you made to the computer before it hung then that will help us help you.

Thank you,
    SCUD :)
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Mar 23, 2004, 11:42 PM
    In addition to SCUD'S advice, which is the first thing that I would do, the second thing would be to go into the system bios and change your settings to "load default bios settings," then save and restart.
    Riverwood Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2004, 02:36 PM
    Forgive me for chiming in, but I'm having the same problem with my Compaq Presario 2100 laptop.

I have tried the suggestions of booting Windows XP in Safe mode... but it stills hangs on the startup logo. I tried all the options under F8 with the same results. I also tried the second suggestion of resetting the system bios to the default settings, again, with the same unwelcome results. :confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Many thanks,
    Leslie :D
    krishan21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2008, 06:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverwood View Post
    Forgive me for chiming in, but I'm having the same problem with my Compaq Presario 2100 laptop.

I have tried the suggestions of booting Windows XP in Safe mode...but it stills hangs on the startup logo. I tried all the options under F8 with the same results. I also tried the second suggestion of resetting the system bios to the default settings, again, with the same unwelcome results. :confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Many thanks,
    Leslie :D
    -------

I also got this problem..! WHAT SHELL DO?? PLEASE HELP ME, but this same problem not in vista, only to xp!! why?? on time it's working.. if try after 2 or 3 days problem again! I can't understand why happen like this, PLEASE HELP HELP!! MY Friends..!
    saravana12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2011, 02:15 AM
    Oru puluthiyum theriyathu. Vennaya thingirathu oruthan veral supurathu orthana!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Most popular registered logo [ 24 Answers ]

HI, I would like to know, what logo is most widely registered around the world. I have heard that it is WWF and the secon one in Coca Cola, however I need to verify that. I have contacted both companies but with no luck. If you know - please answer. Thanks Anna

Gets To XP Logo Then Reboots [ 10 Answers ]

Hi everyone, My girlfriend's mother has broken her PC and I'm trying to fix it. When she boots up her PC she will get to the Win XP icon but then it reboots itself. She told me she had gone out, leaving her PC on. When she got back she had some kind of message from AOL about an update saying...

Check whether your new business logo infringe a copyright [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I came up with a new logo for a small business company. How is it possible to check if the new logo infringes anybody's copyright (their logo)? The logo is a creation with two initials. For example, if the company name is MicroSoft, I made the new logo using M and S.

Copy from Word Logo & insert in Email [ 3 Answers ]

Can I copy a letter I have in a word doucment that also includes a graphic letterhead i.e. logo and insert in Yahoo mail. I know how to copy & paste the regular part of the letter but cannot insert the Logo. Maybe not possible.

Svchost.exe?  And startup but not in startup file? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear All, Can you tell me what svchost.exe is? I'm always getting a box saying it has generated errors and will be closed. Also, a lot of things start up without being in the startup file. Where does the computer get the command to start those things up? The registry or somewhere else? ...

View more questions Search